Using Personification in your writing is an engaging way to connect your readers with an object and/or animal in your story. This descriptive form of Language can make non-human things, ideas, and creatures more vivid by helping your readers understand and connect with your “characters” with behaviors and emotions they know.
Included in this Personifications' CLAMDiggers Unit are:
- front & back covers for booklet use
- a thematic literature list of trade books
- a general instructional lesson plan for using specified trade books with introductory ideas
- 7 hands-on interactive activities with instructions written on an independent upper elementary level
You can utilize this unit as:
- whole group instruction
- small group instruction
- cooperative groups
- center time activities
- partner sharing
- independent study
This 32-page Personification Study:
- follows Bloom’s learning sequence for Higher Order Thinking
- has multiple hands-on, extension activities
- engages the learner in reading, writing, and problem-solving
- encourages Critical Thinking Skills: classifying, explaining, evaluating, etc.
Use the Freebie for additional examples of this Figurative Language.
You can, also, read a Figurative Language Overview on my website.
Don’t forget to check out my other Figurative Language Products & Freebies.
Please let me hear from you with any comments, concerns and/or questions.
Thank you so much!
Mz. Bizzy Lizzy