Also included in
- COLLABORATIVE WRITING BUNDLE SNOWBALL WRITING: Snowball collaborative writing is a fun and interactive way to teach your students how to write collaboratively. I can guarantee these 5 activities will be lessons your students will not forget! The basic premise of the method is that a student beginsPrice $15.99Original Price $22.72Save $6.73
PERSUASIVE ESSAY WRITING: SNOWBALL COLLABORATIVE ACTIVITY: Help your students understand essay structure and develop a rough draft for a 5 paragraph essay with this fun collaborative persuasive writing activity.
This activity will bring essay writing to life in your classroom and is sure to get even your most reluctant writers putting pen to paper. The snowball writing method is a fun and interactive way to teach your students how to write collaboratively. I can guarantee this will be a lesson your students will not forget!
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Each student gets one of the 35 pre-made worksheets with a different persuasive essay topic (high interest topics for teens). They begin by writing a hook and developing a thesis statement with three solid arguments to guide the essay.
2. After an allotted amount of time, writer one crumples their paper up into a "snowball" and throws it to the front of the room.
3. Everyone goes to the front to grab a snowball and the second writer is responsible for developing the first argument listed at the top of the page They must develop a topic sentence, supporting details, and a concluding sentence.
4. This process is repeated until three body paragraphs are completed. Then, it is returned to the original writer who is responsible for revision, editing, and research. The original writer uses this draft to create a good copy. All authors' names go on the final copy.
Students always have SO much fun doing this, and they can't believe you are letting them crumple up their essays.
Included in the packet are a teacher guide and 35 different double-sided worksheets with a variety of essay topics (all topics will be different). A blank sheet is also included if students want to use their own topic. Black and white copies are also included for easy printing.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans