Also included in
- PHILOSOPHY | HIGHER ORDER THINKING, VNT, AND VNT (PLATO'S THEAETETUS) BUNDLEIn this post-truth environment, where alternative facts and false stats are on the rise, critical thinking, analytical debate, and ethical reasoning are more important than ever.This product focuses on Plato’s Theaetetus. T$18.80$26.25Save $7.45
- HIGHER ORDER THINKING QUESTIONS AND VNT (PLATO'S THEAETETUS) PERFECT PAIRING BUNDLEIn this post-truth environment, where alternative facts and false stats are on the rise, critical thinking, analytical debate, and ethical reasoning are more important than ever.This unit focuses on Plato’s Theaetetus$13.20$19.25Save $6.05
- CRITICAL THINKING BUNDLEIT'S THE QUESTION, IT'S THE ANSWER, & THE THEAETETUS BUNDLE❤️❤️ DISCOUNTED BY 20% ❤️❤️THE VELVETEEN RABBIT PRODUCT IS FREE AND A GREAT PLACE TO BEGIN!USE WITH ANY NOVEL!In all of my first year undergraduate classes, I think of ways to engage my students in the higher levels o$19.20$26.75Save $7.55
PHILOSOPHY | CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITY | THE VELVETEEN RABBIT AND PHILOSOPHY
This is a self-contained product on textual analysis; once you have downloaded the story (free - in the public domain - link included) everything you need is here.
Want to pursue existential questions further? See my product on the Theaetetus:
Reading The Velveteen Rabbit is an interesting way to introduce your students to philosophical questions; it’s easy to read so students are not intimidated by the subject matter. This product is an introduction to Socrates’ ideas regarding knowledge and existence.
This product includes the following:
❄️Individual and Group work PRINT AND GOOGLE SLIDES
❄️Close Textual Analysis questions
The Velveteen Rabbit (or How Toys Become Real) is a children’s novel written by Margery Williams and illustrated by William Nicholson. The book was published in 1922 and is in the public domain. (Via Wikimedia Commons: This media file is in the public domain in the United States. This applies to U.S. works where the copyright has expired, often because its first publication occurred prior to January 1, 1923. Velveteen Rabbit.)
➢ This product is aligned with ELA-Literacy CCSS 8-12 – in particular with the following standards:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.8.1 Cite the textual evidence that most strongly supports an analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.8.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone, including analogies or allusions to other texts.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.9-10.1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.9-10.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in the text, including figurative and connotative meanings; analyze the cumulative impact of specific word choices on meaning and tone (e.g., how the language evokes a sense of time and place; how it sets a formal or informal tone).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RL.11-12.1 Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RH.9-10.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including vocabulary describing political, social, or economic aspects of history/social science.
DIRECTLY Related Products:
• Film study guide: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind & The Velveteen Rabbit
Products YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Copyright © jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.