Do you use Interactive Notebooks for phonemic word work? They are a wonderful resource! Your students will be able to refer back to them as their understanding of phonemic rules (and exceptions) grows. Plus, you will have a complete record of their progress and a tool for lesson planning!
Ready to get started? This easy-prep blends package is a great place to start!
PHONEMIC L-BLENDS includes the following components for BL-, CL-, FL-, GL-, PL- and SL- words:
** Word Family Flaps with picture tiles—a fun tool for introducing words
** Flip-book—These are easy to prep and include the following pages:
1. Slide and Read
2. Read, Write and Color—interactive presentation of blends
3. Color the Sounds—choose the pictures that begin with the target blend
4. Find the (initial blend) Words puzzle
5. Circle 'n Write—read the sentences, find the words with the targeted initial blend and write them on the lines provided.
6. Phonemic Fill-in—Review of words; spelling using phonemes
** Phonemic Strips—cut apart. Students will write each phoneme in the blanks provided.
** Pocket for phonemic strips
** L-Blend Story—write a story using target l-blends
Also included are:
**Interactive tools for ABC Order that you can use throughout this unit.
** Word Building with blends—Spin and write blended words. Read and mark all of the real words built.
This pack was featured in my fall Flash Freebies for Followers series (November 2016).