Are your students struggling to sound out words? These activities provide extra sounding out practice.
528 COLOURED PICTURES
Laminate and use as an activity in the Writing Corner or print and use as a worksheet.
TOPICS: Birds, Insects, Animals, Fantasy, Body, Music, Buildings, Nature, Outside, School, Sea, Toys, Food, Transport, Clothes, Household, People
**The cards are topic related.
** There are enough cards for the whole year.
**They can be used as part of a group lesson or independently in the Writing Corner.
HOW TO USE THE SOUNDING OUT CARDS:
• Children look at the picture.
• Say the name of the object.
• Write the sounds they hear.
SOME CHILDREN MAY:
• Write only the initial sound
• Write just the consonants
• Write a mixture of vowels and consonants
• Write the whole word
• Children can be encouraged to check the answer cards to see how well they sounded out each word.
Cliparts and Fonts: purchased from Summitsoft Fonts and Graphics Factory.