A set of 13 worksheets with answers on teaching and learning resources of phrase types based on New Bloom's Taxonomy.
After completing this unit students will be able to:
- SESSION 1 - REMEMBERING: Recall and recognise the key elements of phrases.
- SESSION 2 - UNDERSTANDING: Compare and contrast the phrase types.
- SESSION 3 - APPLYING: Apply and demonstrate the accurate knowledge of phrases.
- SESSION 4 - ANALYSING: Analyse and infer the phrase patterns.
- SESSION 5 - EVALUATING: Decide and rank the use of phrases in writing.
- SESSION 6 - CREATING: Create and compose new sentence patterns with phrases.
This download includes:
- EXERCISE 1: Identify the structure and label the features of phrases.
- EXERCISE 2: Differentiate and distinguish between the similarities and the differences of phrase types.
- EXERCISE 3: Examine and discover the placement of phrases in sentences.
- EXERCISE 4: Explain the organization of phrases in a sentence pattern.
- EXERCISE 5: Select and verify the phrase types.
- EXERCISE 6: Demonstrate the mastery of the use of phrases in writing.
- EXERCISE 7: Demonstrate the mastery of the use of phrases in writing.
- EXERCISE 8 - Answer the given questions to demonstrate command of the conventions of phrase types.
- EXERCISE 9: Identify the noun phrases and say whether they function as subject or object.
- EXERCISE 10: Identify verbal phrases, name their types and functions.
- EXERCISE 11: Identify adjective phrases and state whether they are part of a subject or object.
- EXERCISE 12: Fill in the blanks with the given adverbial phrases.
- EXERCISE 13: Underline the prepositional phrases and state whether they are part of the subject or object.
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: