This resource contains everything you need to get going with Story Writing in your classroom using a Picture Prompt.
• Recall the story components.
• Recall the plot elements.
• Recall genre types.
• Write a story on a given situation in a genre of one’s choice.
• Alter the setting, characters, and plot of the given story in one’s own creative way.
This Resource Includes:
1. Detailed Lesson Plan
2. Genre Features
3. Story Components
4. Thirsty Crow
5. Assessment Rubrics
6. Moral Stories
1. ALL students will be able to tell a story with an opening, sequence of events and ending.
2. MOST of the students will be able to tell a story with a clear opening, with a sequence of events and with the ending that has a sense of closure.
3. SOME students will be able to tell a story with a clear and engaging opening, with a sequence of events which is easy for the listener to follow and with ending that has a sense of closure.