Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
28.32 MB | 43 pages
Ahoy there Mateys! Avast all ye pirates who are about to start standardized testing mayhem! Landlubbers and pirates alike will enjoy learning about the P.I.R.A.T.E.S. way of taking standardized tests!
Use this Power Point lesson to get your students onboard for standardized testing by learning the PIRATES strategies for test-taking. Use the slideshow to discuss reading and answering test questions and then apply strategies to play an interactive learning game - Buccaneer Battle. Students will answer 24 true/false questions about testing to collect doubloons for their team. As questions are answered, spend time discussing how this will help your students do well on the test. Your crew will be set to sail through testing on calm seas once they learn these tips.
Examples of True/False Questions:
7. T/F If you don’t know the answer, it’s okay to leave the question blank.
8. T/F Always answer a question, even if you have to skip it and go back later to make an educated guess.
9. T/F You should select the first answer that you see is right. Don’t worry about reading the other answers.
10. T/F Look for clues such as “always” or “never” to determine the correct answer.
11. T/F If you don’t know the answer, choose the one with the longest choice.
Download the Power Point preview to see how this game works and what is included in this package.
Copy and paste this link into your address bar to see a video of this lesson and game: http://bit.do/PirateStrategies
What is included in this packet:
1. Lesson Plan (3 pages)
2. Power Point Slide Show & Interactive Game (38 slides)