PLANT ACTIVITIES TASK CARD Collection: Science Fair Ideas
Growing and Watching Plants and Seeds This lively collection of plant and seed activities will involve and challenge students in the exciting discovery of the plant world through observing, experimenting, and creating.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD the PLAY with PLANTS and SEEDS PREVIEW for DESCRIPTION and SAMPLE to try with your students.
PLANTS! Hands-on plant activities guide students to watch plants and seeds grow.
Students watch plants and seeds develop and react to changes in water, light, and temperature using hands-on motivating plant activities.
"Always something EXTRA" to help you TEACH / REVIEW / PRACTICE skills in FUN ways.
Please read Contents.
Buyers’ Comments for PLANT AWARENESS ACTIVITIES ♥ ♥ ♥
• I recently purchased Plant Life and Awareness Activities and am so anxious to use it with my integrated science unit. Thank you so much. Your product is wonderful.
• Can't wait to start using these resources with my Year 1 Science class!
• love it
Clever cartoons, clear and concise directions, center ideas, MY INVESTIGATION RECORD, and a Certificate of Award are all part of this series.
Contents of PLANT AWARENESS . . . PLAY with PLANTS and SEEDS
20 PLANT activity cards to use year around in all grades.
Learning Center Ideas
Certificate of Award and Award Certificates (4-up)
1. PLANT ACTIVITY - WHAT’S FIRST: Students sow several kinds of seeds
2. PLANT ACTIVITY - MAGNIFY IT: Study root hairs
3. PLANT ACTIVITY - LOOK INSIDE: Slit open a soaked Lima bean
4. PLANT ACTIVITY - FORCE of GROWING: Put bean seeds and water in a dark closet
5. PLANT ACTIVITY - WARM or COLD: Plant Lima beans, one in warm spot, the other in cold
6. PLANT ACTIVITY - THE LIGHT: Results of seeds in sunlight, dark closet, with electric light
7. PLANT ACTIVITY - SLEEPING LEAVES: Compare leaflets in light and under a box
8. PLANT ACTIVITY - BRICK LAWN: Sow grass seeds on a brick
9. PLANT ACTIVITY - SUNFLOWERS GROW: Measure growth on stem weekly
10. PLANT ACTIVITY - HALF and HALF: Split celery into colored water and clear water
11. PLANT ACTIVITY - CUTTINGS that ROOT: Start new plants in water
12. PLANT ACTIVITY - BULB to FLOWER: Put narcissus bulbs in pebbles and water
13. PLANT ACTIVITY - WEEDS by the ROOTS: Compare root structures of different weeds
14. PLANT ACTIVITY - BE a COLLECTOR: Mount and label leaves
15. PLANT ACTIVITY - SHOWY TREE: Art project with leaves, seedpods, and branches
16. PLANT ACTIVITY - LEAF PRINT ART: Press, dry, paint, or rub leaves
17. PLANT ACTIVITY - BOTTLES of DRIED FLOWERS: Dry and arrange flowers in glass
18. PLANT ACTIVITY - BE a PLANT: Write life from seed to flower, fruit, vegetable, or weed
19. PLANT ACTIVITY - PLANT CONTAINERS: Ideas for display, experiments, and planting
20. PLANT ACTIVITY - MY INVESTIGATION RECORD: to organize, predict, and record results
21. PLANT ACTIVITY - MY INVESTIGATION DRAWING with a frame
♥ ♥ ♥ Always, samples of BEST SELLING and NEW products ♥ ♥ ♥
PLANTS! PLAY with PLANTS and SEEDS
© Jean VanDerford and John VanDerford for Teaching Stuff Place
Illustrated by Theresa Cardinali
Our goal is to make learning fun for kids.
As always, we welcome your feedback ♥ ♥ ♥ and comments.
Please take time to review PLAY with PLANTS and SEEDS
and add your name to our followers.
Click here for MORE Teaching Stuff Place by Jean VanDerford
Additional AMAZING PLANT and NATURE Products for Your Students
Click here for PLANTS with PIZZAZZ Writing Prompts
Click here for BUTTERFLIES are for EVERYONE.
Over 100 pages of butterfly facts, photographs, and activities by a Butterfly Lady.
Click here for BUG RIDDLES for Addition and Subtraction
Click here for MULTIPLY and DIVIDE to 100 WORD PROBLEMS
featuring awesome facts about animals
Click here for WEIRD WEATHER Writing Prompts
NEWEST PRODUCTS with SKILLS IN FUN FORMATS
♥ ♥ ♥ Please click here to check out NEW PRODUCTS in my SHOP ♥ ♥ ♥
at Teaching Stuff Place
LOOK FOR . . . ACTIVITIES . . . SKILLS . . . FUN FORMATS from Teaching Stuff Place
. . . adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, verbs, nouns, pronouns, sentences, prepositions, subject-verb
. . . ABC order, writing prompts, spelling words, figurative language, idioms, metaphors, test prep, following directions, contractions, compounds, abbreviations, proofing, punctuation, synonyms, antonyms, rhyming, homophones, vocabulary, writing
. . . addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, calculators, word problems, number patterns, fractions, shapes, money, time, place value
. . . geometric designs, riddles, crossword puzzles, task cards, Scoot games, worksheets, lists, FLIPS, I have...Who has? Games, slides, discs, magic squares, ladders, color-coded, Color and Learn, color by number, fact triangles, word hunts, word searches, scrambled words, cut and paste, illustrations, art, test prep, No Prep
. . . space, monsters, creatures, spooky, superheroes, clowns, dinosaurs, dragons, animals, insects, bugs, sports, fairy tales, plants, friendship, success, kindness, weather, mystery, butterflies
Seasons and Holidays
. . . Begin School, Patriotic, Fall, Autumn, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter, Valentine Day, St. Patrick's Day, Spring, Summer
. . . Free Math, Multiplication, Quotes, Inspiration, Poem, Riddles, Language . . . Bonus Samples with Every Item!