PLANTS – A Life Science Unit is a teacher time-saver!
This complete unit is a collection of my Plant resources:
• Plants - Life Science Interactive Notebook
• Plants - Editable Notes, PowerPoints and Chapter Test
• Plants - Task Cards
• Plants - Demo, Lab & Science Stations
• Plants - Word Wall Vocab
This unit incorporates instructional strategies that give students the ability to master this scientific topic and allows them to:
• Identify characteristics that all plants share.
• Describe adaptations necessary for life on land.
• Differentiate between nonvascular and vascular plants.
• Describe mosses, liverworts, hornworts and ferns.
• Identify the structures and functions of seed plants.
• Discuss patterns of growth in seed plants and factors that affect growth (tropism).
• Understand the main functions of roots, stems and leaves.
• Describe reproduction in seed plants, including pollination, fertilization, seed formation and germination.
**PLEASE READ** This is a bundled unit. Do NOT purchase if you have already bought one of my individual Plant resources.
Nitty Gritty Science Units are based on the 5 E MODEL and include the following PLANT resources:
• TEACHER-LED DEMO that promotes inquiry, illuminates key concepts and, most importantly, leads to heightened curiosity.
• GUIDED INQUIRY LAB that uses processes that are referred to as inquiry process skills which include observing, predicting, classifying, measuring, inferring, controlling variables, manipulating materials, interpreting data and experimenting.
• SCIENCE INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOKS use creative activities to motivate students to process information and demonstrate critical thinking.
• EDITABLE NOTES AND POWERPOINTS prepared by Nitty Gritty Science save you time and help you with presenting a successful lecture. The notes serve to guide students through the teacher’s presentation and are editable so you, as the teacher, can adjust the information you want the students to fill in. The editable PowerPoint helps the teacher present the content in an orderly fashion using visual aids to enhance the presentation.
• SCIENCE STATIONS provide an engaging way for students to extend their knowledge and skills by working independently of the teacher in small groups or pairs.
• TASK CARDS are a collection of review cards to be used for review, such as game-style review, group review, one-on-one tutoring, bell ringers, exit slips, the list goes on.
• CHAPTER TESTS prepared by Nitty Gritty Science use a variety of item formats that help assess different levels of student thinking and skills. The items used in the tests include multiple-choice, completion, interpreting diagrams and essays. However, if more would like to be added, all tests are editable.
Cliff Note Version: Product is for ONE TEACHER – Please do not distribute illegally or you will be sent to the principle’s office! Thanks for your honesty.
Copyright © Nitty Gritty Science, LLC. All rights reserved by author Dr. Erica Colón. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.