A lesson presentation that presents teaching and learning resources on play-script writing.
After completing this lesson, the students will be able to:
- Understand the conventions of a play script to use them in writing.
- Develop dialogues for a play script that exposes characters and situation.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of play script using the techniques of dialogue writing.
This Resource includes:
- Vocabulary Overview - Play-script
- Real Life Application and Cross-Curriculum Links
- Flipped Lesson Part - Video
- Success Criteria - Play-script Checklist
Lesson Starter: Writing dialogues to images.
- Pair-Share: Turning flat dialogues into an exciting story.
- Think-Write: Adding scene description and stage directions.
- Write-Share: Adding dialogues and reporting verbs.
Mini-Plenary: 4 Online Quizzes
Differentiated Tasks: Writing scenes for given situations.
Extensions: Writing dialogues for a story.
Plenary: Selecting right answers to answer play-script questions.
- Preparing play-scripts for dialogues.
- Selecting best option to answer play-script questions.
- Turning given story into a play script.
- Rewriting the narrative poem as a play script.
Common Core Standards: ELA-Literacy-Writing - 6-8.3ab/4
Skills: Social and Cognitive
Here are some possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: