POETRY MUSIC RESOURCES
This is a bundle of all my musically inspired poetry resources. Students will love the modern lyrics, eye-catching presentations, and engaging activities and worksheets included in this packet. By purchasing this bundle, you are getting more than 30% in savings!
PLEASE NOTE: All of the resources in this bundle are also included in my Poetry Resource Bundle. Click HERE
to check it out.
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE (Click Titles For More Information):
LITERARY LYRICS PRESENTATION
A 13 slide Powerpoint presentation which teaches literary devices with modern lyrics examples! The devices covered in this presentation are: Alliteration, Assonance, Hyperbole, Metaphor, Onomatopoeia, Oxymoron, Personification, Pun, Imagery, Simile, Symbolism, Synecdoche
LYRICAL BREAKDOWN ASSIGNMENT
Lyrical Breakdown is a resource which allows students to choose their own song to analyze as poetry. All you have to do is print the assignment out, book the computer lab for students to find lyrics, and you have an assignment that will last at least a couple of days!
LYRICAL LITERARY DEVICES WORKSHEETS
Your purchase includes three visually appealing worksheets that your students will love that provide lines of songs which contain literary devices. They students are required to label the devices used, and provide an explanation for each.
POETIC RAP: TEACHING POETRY WITH RAP MUSIC
• A 10 slide powerpoint presentation that introduces the history of rap, well know rappers, characteristics of rap lyrics with examples, videos of rappers discussing rap as a form of poetry, and a prompt for an activity. (youtube required for opening videos)
• The Tupac Hughes Comparison Activity (Questions for analysis) which has students compare song lyrics from rapper Tupac Shakur and award winning poet Langston Hughes. The poems share many elements and themes.
Included are three assignment sheets that ask students about songs they might hear on the radio that might be considered poetry.
THE SOUNDTRACK OF MY LIFE
• Student instructions for the project which has students choose three songs that represent them.
• An assignment sheet that asks students to make text-self connections for each song.
• Worksheet with analysis prompting questions for each song (3 worksheets in total).
***Please note the song lyrics are not included in the purchase for copyright reasons, but links are provided so you can print them separately for your students.***
BONUS POETRY RESOURCES INCLUDED
POETRY TERMS FOLDABLE FORTUNE TELLER
POETRY TERMS BOOKMARKS
TEACHER FEEDBACK ON THIS RESOURCEL:
♥ My students were dreading poetry, but they absolutely loved this!
♥ Looking forward to using this soon! Your products are well planned and organized. Thanks for your hard work!
♥ This is a great way to engage my students in poetry. They love seeing poetry as more than just the use of poems in books.
© Presto Plans
Click HERE To Sign Up For 2 Weeks Of FREE English Bell Ringers