POETRY - Personal Narrative Writing using Poems
- Google Apps™
If you find that your students hold their noses when you mention POETRY, then this resource is for you! Your students will change their thinking about it when you combine reading poems with story-telling - about their lives!
Let students use poetry, song, and rap lyrics to tell the setting, rising action, traits, and theme of their lives. Students will scour books, poetry websites, and song lyrics in search of the poems that speak to (and about) them. I was pleasantly surprised by how many students chose to write their own poems!
For the Teacher:
- Resource comparing the plot line of books to those of poems
- Graphic organizers
- Use this in centers or rotations
- Let students work together to find good poems
For the Student:
- Engaging ways to think about their own lives
- Powerful opportunities to try their hand at poetry writing
Related Writing Activities:
⭐ Narrative Writing Colonial Times
⭐ Paragraph Writing Finish the Sentence
⭐ Paragraph Writing Sensory Details
⭐ Paragraph Writing Virtual Field Trips
Earn TpT credits to use for future purchases!
1. After you log in, go to the "My Purchases" page and download this product. You'll see a "Provide Feedback" button. Click on that, rate the product, and leave a comment. It's that simple!
2. Do you want to be the first to learn about discounts, free and new products? Click on the GREEN STAR next to my store logo on my store page to follow me!