Also included in
- POETRY MUSIC ACTIVITIES, ASSIGNMENTS & PRESENTATIONS: This is a bundle of all my musically inspired poetry resources. Students will love the modern lyrics, eye-catching presentations, and engaging activities and worksheets included in this packet. By purchasing this bundle, you are getting mor$11.99$15.52Save $3.53
- POETRY UNIT / RESOURCE BUNDLE: Make poetry fun for your students with this huge Teachers Pay Teachers best-selling bundle that contains over 300 pages of creative and engaging poetry resources that will save you hours and hours of prep time! It has absolutely everything you need to teach middle/hig$39.99$67.35Save $27.36
Poetry Rap: This resource will allow students to examine rap music and it's value as a form of poetry. Using modern (clean) lyrics, students can see the use of sophisticated rhyme and rhythm, as well as the themes explored.
SAVE BY PURCHASING THIS RESOURCE IN A BUNDLE. CLICK BELOW!
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A 10 slide powerpoint presentation that introduces the history of rap, well know rappers, characteristics of rap lyrics with examples, videos of rappers discussing rap as a form of poetry, and a prompt for an activity. (youtube required for opening videos)
• The Tupac Hughes Comparison Activity (Questions for analysis) which has students compare song lyrics from rapper Tupac Shakur and award winning poet Langston Hughes. The poems share many elements and themes. ***Please note that for copyright reasons the poem and lyrics are not provided, but links are provided***
• Detailed answer key for the activity questions
• A good copy sheet for students to write their own rap lyrics (extension activity).
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS RESOURCE
♥ Thanks! The comparison of lyrics of Tupac and Hughes is powerful! My students are going to love this activity. Great addition to my poetry unit.
♥ I teach inner-city eighth graders and I saw more engagement when we did this activity than almost anything else. Great product.
♥ I wasn't sure about this one, at first. But it caught the attentions of those who were just blowing off poetry.
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
© Presto Plans