April is National Poetry Month. English language arts students will love their poetry journal pages and Poem in Your Pocket pennant. Poetry is a challenge for students. English teachers prepare poetry lessons to get students enthusiastic about haiku, acrostic, I am poems, and "My Selfie Poems." This spring, get visual with the poetry organizers and templates for your students to kick start their creativity!
- in color
- gray scale
- completed example of the fingerprint ,"My Selfie Poem"
- "My Selfie Poem" – includes student directions sheet (cut in half), template to fill in, fingerprint template
- I am Poem organizer and writing paper
- Haiku directions and template
- Acrostic “PEACE” directions and template
- Poem in Your Pocket pennant – 3 versions of the jeans to encourage choice.
- Writing paper to match
- Print PDF version and Digital GOOGLE Drive version
- Teacher Instructions for Writing Activity, Philosophy, Background on Sketchnotes
Great for a teacher who just doesn't have the time to cover a large poetry unit. Especially in an English Language Arts classroom with struggling students who seem uninterested. This might work!
Sketchnotes can be used for:
Auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learners
Studying and memorization
Visually appealing presentation of information
Allows students to discover their own style
Print and Digital
Study All Knight Blog
Study All Knight Facebook
Danielle Knight (Study All Knight) on Pinterest
Study All Knight on Twitter
Study All Knight on Instagram
Created by Danielle Knight, © Study All Knight
Thank you for visiting. Good Luck and Enjoy Celebrating National Poetry Month! Poem in Your Pocket Day, poets.org, poet, rhymes, creative writing, April, spring, writing center