Poetry Writing Assignment Magnetic Poetry: Magnetic poetry comes from the small magnetic words you might have seen on refrigerators. Students use words from various parts of speech to create their own poem (no magnets required). Magnetic Poetry can teach vocabulary, independent thinking, imaginative personal expression, parts of speech; word choice; sensory detail; and phrasing!
This Resource Is Included In Two Bundles In My Store. Click Below!
COMPLETE POETRY RESOURCE BUNDLE - 300+ Pages!
POETRY WRITING PROJECTS BUNDLE
INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE:
• A 7 slide Powerpoint presentation introducing Magnetic Poetry (examples provided)
• 8 Pages of words to cut out from different parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, pronouns, articles, verb endings).
• Color coded labels for each of the categories that you can attach to plastic baggies, small baskets, or jars.
• 2 Sizes of good copy sheet for students to write out their poem for display under a ready-made poster!
• A black and white version of everything for easy printing
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS WRITING ASSIGNMENT:
♥ Awesome! My students were so bored with poetry until I spent an afternoon using this as well as introducing them to book spine and book page poetry. It was a hit!
♥ I am sitting on this until the end of the year because I know if I do it any earlier in the school year, it's all my kiddos will want to do!
♥ After doing in my classroom, I took it home and put it on my fridge, I love this so much!
Like This Resource? Click The Links Below To See More By Presto Plans!
TPT BEST SELLER: A YEAR OF ENGLISH BELL RINGERS
CREATIVE EXIT PASSES
BACK TO SCHOOL RESOURCES
© Presto Plans
★CLICK HERE TO RECEIVE 10 FREE ENGLISH TEACHER RESOURCES!