Use this POETRY Workstation to reinforce concepts about poetry in a fun and engaging way! It can be used as a workstation so that your students can practice what you’ve taught independently. You can use it as a whole-group activity where small groups compete against each other or against the clock. Or use while working with your guided reading groups! Simply find grade-appropriate poetry containing the poetic elements listed, make copies as needed, and you’re ready to go! Enjoy!
• 21 English and 21 Spanish posters of poetic elements, including alliteration, metaphor, simile, etc.
• 8 English and 8 Spanish Task Cards
• 6 English and 6 Spanish Scavenger Hunt checklist, including blanks for you to create your own
• 3 English and 3 Spanish recording sheets
• 36 English and 36 Spanish rhyming word cards
• 17 English and 17 Spanish 'I Have...Who Has' game cards
• 8 English poems and 12 Spanish poems
• 6 Interactive Notebook/Flapbook Templates for different elements of poetry (structure, language, etc.)
• Workstation signage, including 'I Can' statement and TEKS and CCSS standards