Also included in
- Get to know your Middle School students with these Get-to-know-you activities and icebreakers. This Back to School Bundle includes First Day Icebreakers to get to know your students as well as resources to set up your classroom routines effectively.Why will these Get to Know You Activities, icebrea$35.54$44.42Save $8.88
Looking for a way to introduce podcasts to your classroom with minimal hassle? Here's the solution! Choose any audio (or even video) of any length or topic and have students complete this organiser as they view or listen. As long as your students can read, write, and understand the vocabulary on the organizer, they are ready for this. (Tips on how to be successful with learners as young as 7 and up are included in the download.) Podcasts are popular with students and offer endless educational opportunities - give it a go today!
ꐕ UPDATED SEPTEMBER 2021: Added dyslexia-friendly font version of all organizers, taking the total number of printables to 10 (5 per layout).
Use any of the FIVE versions of the organizers to focus students' attention as they listen to fiction or nonfiction in any subject. If more space is needed for any section, students can simply turn over and use the back of the worksheet. Download this once; use it forever!
- These are ready-to-print so perfect for when you need a timesaver, cover lesson, or materials for a sub.
- The podcast graphic organizers are now available in 5 versions - these range in colour intensity to save on printing costs.
- Use with any age, any subject - focus your students' attention as they listen.
- These give learners a reason to listen, therefore avoiding their attention wandering and losing focus.
- They students a framework for discussing what they hear, so their conversations are supported.
- Can be used entirely online using the free Kami app - no printing!
See what other educators are saying about this download:
"I love this idea! Not only is it useful for students, but I think I'm going to use it myself. Thanks so much for sharing!"
"My students used this for story retell. Thanks."
"Fantastic resource! Easy to implement and use. Thank you for creating and sharing! :)"
"Exactly what I wanted for students to analyze podcasts - Thank you!"
[See more ✩✩✩✩✩ reviews below]
Why not allow some time each week, each month, or at the end of each unit for students (individually, in pairs, or in small groups) to find and listen to age-appropriate podcasts of their choice? These could be linked to your current topic or freely chosen. They simply complete the listening, fill out one of these organisers, and submit them to you for a quick check or assessment. These could be shared with others to pique their interest or students could present their listening on a rotating basis. This is a great way to expose them to more stories and information about the world with zero prep...and all while offering choice! Got another idea? Share it with our equity-focused teaching community in our Facebook group here.
This could be used for:
- when you find you have some extra time
- a homework assignment in preparation for a new unit / topic / discussion
- a sub (cover) lesson
- a shared listening followed by a comparative discussion about what was noted
- a Socratic seminar - notes done!
Looking for more podcast resources? See my ever-growing Pinterest board HERE.
Join me on the blog to explore ways to empower all learners, create inclusive classrooms, and honour all students' identities.
㋛ Tried and Tested ㋛
I am used to teaching mixed-ability classes with EAL students and all my students can rise to this challenge, from those who are below to those who are above grade level. I only list materials that have been successful and I always collect feedback from my students to ensure high engagement and rigour.
Lean on me and my 20+ years of experience in the classroom - I'm here for you!
No doubt you're interested in more highly engaging, high-interest resources for a culturally -sustaining classroom:
Check out my full catalogue HERE.
⭐ Follow my store and be notified when new products are uploaded.
⭐ Do not forget to leave feedback. You will receive TPT credits that can be used to lower the costs of future purchases!
⭐ Follow me on Facebook.
⭐ Check out my blog at Diversity in Mind.
⭐ Contact me anytime via email at firstname.lastname@example.org