POSITIVE SELF-TALK: Print+ Digital SEL Game | Social Emotional Distance Learning
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Also included in
- The Social Emotional Learning Game Bundle #2 consists of 10 different SEL games, in digital and printable formats. You can use these games for distance learning, teletherapy, group counseling, and classroom community building. Topics Include:* Self-Control* Conflict Resolution* Positive Self-Talk*Price $25.00Original Price $50.00Save $25.00
- This Positive Affirmation & Self-Talk Bundle contains Reward Tags, Classroom Decor, Brag Bracelets and Self-Esteem Cuffs, Games and a fun Hands-On Craftivity Lesson, all which encourage students to reinforce positive self-talk and to identify their strengths. Rather than being performance basedPrice $23.00Original Price $35.50Save $12.50
- Save tons of planning time and get your students excited about social emotional learning with WholeHearted's Storewide Growing Bundle! Grab over 140 effective and fun counseling and SEL activities and lessons at 50% off. And help your students to build healthy social emotional skills, such as selfPrice $279.00Original Price $548.00Save $269.00
- This social emotional learning mega bundle contains many of WholeHearted School Counseling's SEL games and activities to help children learn, practice, and develop coping skills, self-regulation, social skills, and self-esteem. This SEL Bundle contains some of WholeHearted's top selling resources.Price $185.00Original Price $301.25Save $116.25
- This Ultimate Social Emotional Learning Game Bundle, now in both printable AND digital formats, consists of 20 different SEL games. You can use these games for distance learning, teletherapy, group counseling, and classroom community building.Topics Include:* Growth Mindset* Self-Esteem* Coping ToolPrice $50.00Original Price $100.00Save $50.00
- Custom BundlePrice $30.87Original Price $61.73Save $30.86
The Positive Self-Talk Game, now in digital and printable formats, teaches students how to reframe negative self-perceptions and a fixed mindset and into helpful, positive affirmations. Using positive self-talk and positive affirmations helps us to feel good about ourselves, motivates us, nurtures a positive self-concept and acts as protective factor and coping skill when life gets tough.
Now Available in Google Slides™ Digital Format for Distance Learning!
This Positive Self-Talk game is now offered in Google Slides™! You can use this interactive game during teletherapy and virtual small groups.
For a Free "Sample Example" of how the digital game works, please download my Conversation Starter Connect Game!
Ways to Use The Positive Self-Talk Card and Connect Game:
✏️In Individual + Small Groups for Social Emotional Learning Support and Skills Practice
️✏️In Individual Counseling Sessions as an Assessment Tool. Plus, the actual act of playing the game provides insight into children's social skills, decision-making process, frustration tolerance, level of respect for rules & boundaries, and problem-solving abilities.
️✏️Fun for Family Game Night!
️✏️Community and relationship building classroom group activity
✔ The Positive Self-Talk Connect Game on Google Slides™
✔ TWO sets of The Positive Self-TalkCard Game: in both color AND black and white! So if you don't have access to a color printer, no problem! You can download and print in black and white too! Instead of color, players match up cards with shapes!
✔ Detailed Game Directions
✔ Tips on how to use the game as a Therapeutic Intervention
✔ Over 75 Questions & Prompts
✔ Action Cards
✔ Pass Tickets
How to Play The Digital Positive Self-Talk Connect Game
Taking turns, players/teams choose a number based on the spot they would like to place their pawn. Then answer the corresponding question/prompt. Move game pawn to cover the number just answered. Players continue to take turns answering questions/prompts and moving their pawn pieces until the first player/team has completed a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line of either 4 or 5 in a row.
How to Play The Printable Positive Self-Talk Card Game
In the spirit of other popular shedding-type card games, the player to get rid of all their cards first by wins. Players try to "match" the top card in the discard pile, by either laying down the same number, color (or shape, if using the black & white set), or type of action card. If the card contains a question or prompt, that player shares their response. The player may choose to decline responding by using 1 of their 2 Pass Tickets. Actions cards add fun twists and turns to the game. Actions include:
➔ TAKE 3: The next person in line must take 3 cards before taking their turn.
➔ ROTATE RIGHT / ROTATE LEFT: All players pass on, or "rotate," their cards to either the left or right, so that everyone exchanges hands with each other.
➔ GO AGAIN: Player gets to "go again," gaining an additional turn.
➔ FREE!: Player who discards a FREE card is "free" to choose a new color (or shape) for the discard pile and then discard an additional card based on the color (or shape) they changed it to.
➔ FREE + SPY!: Player who discards a FREE+SPY card can spy on one player by peeking at their cards and then is "free" to choose a new color (or shape) for the discard pile and then discard an additional card based on the color (or shape) they changed it to.