Also included in
- This bundle is a set of 10 PPT products that I use to teach advanced anatomy topics in high school biology, AP Anatomy & Physiology as well as Division B and C Science Olympiad anatomy & physiology events.NOTE: Content Not for Middle School / Lower High School AnatomyEach of these PPT produc$81.45$88.50Save $7.05
A comprehensive 72-slide PowerPoint presentation that introduces the organization, structure, function, and cells of the immune system. Also includes types of immunity and the history of vaccination, as well as immune system diseases and disorders.
Designed to cover all topics for the Science Olympiad Anatomy event at the (B) level and nearly all (C) level.
Perfectly suitable for high school level biology as well as AP biology courses. Simply pick and choose your level of detail and hide the other slides!
- First line of defense against infection (barriers, mucous membranes, etc.)
- Physical vs. chemical barriers
- Immune system organs
- Immune system cells
- Innate vs adaptive immunity
- Second line of defense (the non-specific or inflammatory response)
- Inflammation process
- Third line of defense (the specific or immune response)
- Action of B-cells
- Action of antibodies
- Steps to a typical immune response
- Memory cells and immunological “memory”
- Active immunity (natural active and passive active immunity)
- Passive immunity (natural passive and artificial passive immunity)
- Steps for vaccination
- Herd immunity
- Edward Jenner, small pox and the first vaccine
- Non-autoimmune disorders (e.g. allergies, asthma, leukemia, etc.)
- Autoimmune disorders (e.g. psoriasis, vitiligo, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.)
Student Summary Notes to be Added at a Later Date:
- Currently, this PPT does not include a student summary notes document.
- I am in the process of adding summary notes to the majority of my 80+ PPT products.
- Once added, the summary notes will be available as a free upgrade.
Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable PPTX document
- Download the PDF preview to see a large collection of slides from the presentation so you know what you are getting. No surprises!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS HS-LS1 - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- NGSS HS-LS1.A - Life Science: Structures and Processes
You Might Also Like the Following Immune System Resources:
Worksheet - What are Infectious Diseases?
Worksheet - What are the Body's Defenses?
Worksheet - What is Immunity?
Worksheet - What is HIV/AIDS?
Worksheet - What are Noninfectious Diseases?
Quiz - Lines of Defense
Quiz - Types of Immunity
Unit Review - Immune System
Unit Test - Immune System
You Might Also Like the Following Anatomy PPT Products:
Introductory PPT Series - Designed for Middle School & Early High School
PPT - Muscular System (Introduction) (In Development)
Advanced PPT Series - Designed for High School, AP & Science Olympiad
PPT - Digestive System (Advanced) (In Development)
PPT - Respiratory System (Advanced) (In Development)
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.