Also included in
- This bundle is a set of 12 introductory anatomy PPT products that I use during a typical year teaching middle school or early high school anatomy units. NOTE: Content NOT Designed for Upper High School / AP AnatomyEach of these PPT products was designed with upper middle school or lower high school$50.00$62.50Save $12.50
A comprehensive 47-slide PPT presentation (with student notes) that covers all major topics in an upper middle school / lower high school unit on pathogens and the immune system. Topics include: pathogens, types of pathogens, how pathogens spread, immune system, immune system organs, lymphocytes, phagocytes, first line of defense (barriers), second line of defense (phagocytes, inflammatory response, proteins), third line of defense (B-cells, T-cells, helper T-cells), antigens, antibodies, secondary immune response, types of immunity, and vaccines.
NOTE: Advanced Version Available for AP-Level Students:
- There is a more-detailed advanced version of this PPT designed for upper high school, AP, and Science Olympiad students. Please follow the link below to see the product page:
Part 1: Pathogens
- What are pathogens & infectious diseases
- Types of pathogens (bacteria, viruses, parasites, fungi)
- How pathogens spread
- How pathogens affect the body
- Examples of common human infectious disease
Part 2: Primary Immune Response
- What is the immune system
- Basic immune system organs (e.g. thymus, marrow, spleen, lymph nodes, etc.)
- Basic types of immune cells (e.g. lymphocytes, phagocytes, etc.)
- Flowchart of immune system cells
- First line of defense (physical and chemical barriers)
- Second line of defense (WBCs, inflammatory response, interferon)
- Antigens and antibodies
- Effects of antibodies on pathogens (inactivation, agglutination, signaling)
- Third line of defense (B-cell response, T-cell response, helper T-cell function)
Part 3: Secondary Immune Response & Immunity
- Primary vs. secondary immune response
- What is immunity
- Types of immunity (active; natural & artificial, passive; natural & artificial)
- Basic steps to active vaccine function
- Common human vaccinations (in order from birth)
Includes Detailed Student Summary Notes (8 Pages Total)
- This PPT now includes a 4-page student summary notes document with a corresponding 4-page answer key for teachers.
- Summary notes for my Introductory Series of anatomy PPTs feature fill in the blank questions, labeling, and completing summary tables.
- Questions are directly tied to each slide, in chronological order.
Product Files Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- The PPT product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and a fully-editable PPTX document
- The Summary Notes product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable Word document
- Download the full PDF preview to see what you are getting. No surprises!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS MS-LS1 - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- NGSS MS-LS1.A - Life Science: Structures and Processes
NGSS HS-LS1 - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- NGSS HS-LS1.A - Life Science: Structures and Processes
You Might Also Like the Following Anatomy PPT Products:
Introductory PPT Series - Designed for Middle School & Early High School
Advanced PPT Series - Designed for High School, AP & Science Olympiad
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.