Also included in
- This bundle is a set of 13 PowerPoints that I use during a typical semester on physics, in chronological order. PPT topics include: motion, Newton's Laws of motion, forces, energy, thermal energy, mechanical waves, sound and hearing, electromagnetic waves, light and vision, simple machines, density$42.60$53.25Save $10.65
- This unit bundle product contains 37 resources needed for a typical upper middle school and lower high school physics unit on mechanical waves, sound, hearing, electromagnetic waves, light, and vision. The bundle contains the following products: 2 unit planning guides, 2 lab activities overviews, 2$82.40$103.00Save $20.60
- This mini-unit bundle product contains 21 resources needed for a typical upper middle school and lower high school physics unit on electromagnetic waves, light, optics, and vision. The bundle contains the following products: 1 unit planning guide, 1 lab activities overview, 1 unit overview and voca$46.20$57.75Save $11.55
A comprehensive 70-slide PPT product (with 10 pages of Summary Notes) that introduces all major topics in a typical middle school / early high school unit on light, optics and the human eye. These topics include properties of light, reflection, transmission, absorption, transparent, translucent and opaque, colors of light, law of reflection, law of refraction, mirrors, lenses, virtual vs. real images, and focal point. This PPT also includes a bonus section on human eye anatomy and how its structure aids in the process of vision.
Part 1: Properties of Light
- What is light?
- Properties of light
- Speed of Light
- Luminous vs. non-luminous objects
- Reflection, transmission, and absorption
Part 2: Reflection, Transmission, and Absorption
- Transparent, translucent and opaque
- Spectrum of light
- Primary and secondary colors of light (additive theory)
- How we see colors
- Color filters
Part 3: Optics - Mirrors and Lenses (Optics)
- Law of reflection
- Concave vs. convex lenses
- Law of refraction
- Refractive indices
- Plane vs. virtual images
- Focal point (differences between different lenses)
Part 4: The Eye and Vision
- Eye structure and function
- Rods and cones
- Optic nerve and optic cortex
NEW! Includes Student Summary Notes Document
- This PPT now includes a 5-page student summary notes document with a corresponding 5-page answer key for teachers.
- Summary notes feature questions directly tied to each slide in order, and include fill in the blanks questions as well as diagram labeling.
- Summary Notes come in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable WORD document
PPT Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- This product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable PPTX document
- Download the full PDF preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS - MS-PS4.A
Physical Science - Waves and Their Applications - Wave Properties
NGSS - MS-PS4.B
Physical Science - Waves and Their Applications - Electromagnetic Radiation
NGSS - MS-LS1.A
Life Science - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes - Structure and Function
You Might Also Like the Following Unit Resources:
Part 1: Mechanical Waves, Sound and Hearing
Part 2: Electromagnetic Waves, Light and Vision
Other Physics PPTs You Might Also Like:
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.