Also included in
- This bundle is a set of 10 PPT products that I use to teach advanced anatomy topics in high school biology, AP Anatomy & Physiology as well as Division B and C Science Olympiad anatomy & physiology events.NOTE: Content Not for Middle School / Lower High School AnatomyEach of these PPT produc$81.45$88.50Save $7.05
- This mini unit bundle contains 8 resources needed to teach a short unit on the muscular system for a high school biology or AP anatomy course, a Science Olympiad event, or general anatomy review. The bundle contains a detailed, 57-slide PowerPoint, 1 unit overview document, 1 muscular system medical$21.00$26.25Save $5.25
A comprehensive 47-slide PowerPoint presentation that introduces the anatomy, structure, function, pathways, and disorders of the muscular system.
Originally designed to cover all topics for the Science Olympiad Anatomy event at the (B) level and most of (C) level.
Perfectly suitable for high school level biology as well as AP biology courses. Simply pick and choose your level of detail and hide the other slides!
- Main functions of the muscular system
- Four characteristics of muscle tissue
- 3 types of muscle (skeletal, smooth, cardiac)
- Skeletal muscle anatomy (e.g. fascicles, fibers, myofibrils)
- Actin and myosin
- Sliding filament model
- Motor unit
- Neuromuscular junction
- Isotonic vs. Isometric contractions
- Muscle fatigue
- Oxygen debt
- Muscles of the body (main superficial muscles for most part)
- Origin and insertion
- Agonist and antagonist pairs
- Synergist and fixators
- Muscular injuries
- Muscular diseases
Student Summary Notes to be Added at a Later Date:
- Currently, this PPT does not include a student summary notes document.
- I am in the process of adding summary notes to the majority of my 80+ PPT products.
- Once added, the summary notes will be available as a free upgrade.
Fully Editable and Customizable:
- This product comes in a fully editable PPTX file.
- Download the preview to see EXACTLY what you are getting!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS HS-LS1 - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- NGSS HS-LS1.A - Life Science: Structures and Processes
You Might Also Like the Following Related Unit Resources:
You Might Also Like the Following Anatomy PPT Products:
Introductory PPT Series - Designed for Middle School & Early High School
PPT - Muscular System (Introduction) (In Development)
Advanced PPT Series - Designed for High School, AP & Science Olympiad
PPT - Digestive System (Advanced) (In Development)
PPT - Respiratory System (Advanced) (In Development)
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.