Also included in
- This bundle is a set of 12 introductory anatomy PPT products that I use during a typical year teaching middle school or early high school anatomy units. NOTE: Content NOT Designed for Upper High School / AP AnatomyEach of these PPT products was designed with upper middle school or lower high school$50.00$62.50Save $12.50
A comprehensive 86-slide PPT product that covers all major topics in a middle school / lower high school unit on the reproductive system. Topics include: human life cycle, puberty, primary and secondary sexual characteristics, sperm and egg, reproductive organs, oogenesis, spermatogenesis, menstrual cycle, menstruation, sexual intercourse, fertilization, pregnancy, fetal development, birth process, and twins.
NOTE: Introductory & Advanced Topics Included in PPT
Although I have made this product a part of my Introductory Series of Anatomy PPTs, there are several slides that feature advanced content, and are labeled as such. I did this to give educators the ability to go into more detail on select topics or hide the content if it doesn't suit the needs of the course. Advanced topics include ovary anatomy, oogenesis, testicle anatomy, spermatogenesis, menstrual cycle hormones, and zygote development.
Part 1: Puberty
- Human life cycle
- Male sexual anatomy (basic)
- Female sexual anatomy (basic)
- Human sex cells (basic)
- Primary and secondary sex characteristics
Part 2: Reproductive Organs
- Human sex cells (detailed)
- Female sexual anatomy (detailed)
- Anatomy of the ovary (bonus Advanced content!)
- Oogenesis (bonus Advanced content!)
- Male sexual anatomy (detailed)
- Anatomy of the testicle (bonus Advanced content!)
- Spermatogenesis (bonus Advanced content!)
Part 3: Menstrual Cycle
- Purpose of menstrual cycle
- Key events of menstrual cycle
- Hormonal control of menstrual cycle (bonus Advanced content!)
- Changes inside the ovary (bonus Advanced content!)
- Overview of menstrual pads and tampons
Part 4: Fertilization
- What is fertilization
- Sexual intercourse
- Bodily changes before intercourse (both sexes)
- Bodily changes during intercourse (both sexes)
- Zygote division after fertilization (bonus Advanced content!)
Part 5: Development and Birth
- Structures in the uterus (e.g. amniotic sac, placenta, umbilical cord)
- Purpose of placental and flow of materials
- 1st trimester major changes
- 2nd trimester major changes
- 3rd trimester major changes
- Birth stages (labor, delivery, afterbirth)
Part 6: Twins
- Types of twins (fraternal, identical, conjoined)
- How each type of twins are formed
Includes Detailed Student Summary Notes Document (8 Pages Total)
- This PPT now includes a 4-page student summary notes document with a corresponding 4-page answer key for teachers.
- Summary notes for my Introductory Series of anatomy PPTs feature fill in the blank questions, labeling, and completing summary tables.
- Questions are directly tied to each slide, in chronological order.
Product Files Downloadable in 2 Formats:
- The PPT product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and a fully-editable PPTX document
- The Summary Notes product comes in 2 formats: a static PDF document and fully-editable Word document
- Download the detailed PDF preview to see what you are getting. No surprises!
Relevant NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea(s) Addressed by This Product:
NGSS MS-LS1 - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- NGSS MS-LS1.A - Life Science: Structures and Processes
NGSS HS-LS1 - From Molecules to Organisms: Structures and Processes
- NGSS HS-LS1.A - Life Science: Structures and Processes
You Might Also Like the Following Anatomy PPT Products:
Introductory PPT Series - Designed for Middle School & Early High School
Advanced PPT Series - Designed for High School, AP & Science Olympiad
Connect with More Science With Mr. Enns Resources:
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the red Follow Me next to my seller picture to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Copyright © Douglas Enns. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this document are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.