Grammar, Writing, Reading Comprehension, Fiction, Task Cards
This is part of a bundle! Please do not buy this separately if you are interested in saving money. The companion piece is The Komodo Dragon.
PRACTICE The Dragon and the Jaguar Task Cards
This product includes a fictional story. It includes grammar review and reading skill questions, writing exercise, and comprehension questions.
I love using task cards in my classroom. However, I found myself wanting more from them.
I created my PRACTICE cards to meet this need. My PRACTICE cards provide grammar review, reading skills, writing, reading comprehension, and background knowledge-building
, all using ONE
set of task cards.
Here’s how they work.
There are three parts to the PRACTICE cards.
First, the students answer the questions on each card.
They record their answer on the document provided or a separate piece of paper. After they have answered all of the questions, they write the article or story using their answers.
They accomplish this by writing the sentence from the task card that matches their answer on a separate piece of paper. Finally, after they have written the article or story from their answer choices, they will answer the comprehension questions for the entire text.
If their story or article does not make sense, they should recognize that they need to go back to the corresponding task card to identify the correct answer.
The PRACTICE cards are versatile! I have used my PRACTICE cards in 4 ways.
1. The first time I used my PRACTICE cards in my classroom, I had the students work in small groups. This allowed for discussion (expect it to get loud!). The students worked together to answer the questions. Then they used their answers to write the text. After writing the story or article, the students answered the comprehension questions. After introducing the PRACTICE cards, students may complete them independently.
2. The task cards may be used separately for review.
3. The article or story may be used to assess reading comprehension skills.
4. Use them in centers or stations.
I truly believe you will find my PRACTICE cards will be a great addition to your instruction.
Please check out my youtube video to see the cards in action!
Practice The Dragon and the Jaguar Task Cards
This one is a freebie!
Practice Excerpt The Boy On the Wooden Box Task Cards
Practice Kristallnacht Task Cards
PRACTICE Bundle Set Kristallnacht and the excerpt from The Boy On the Wooden Box
PRACTICE Excerpt from The Boy On the Wooden Box
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺