Back by popular demand - MONTH 4 is now ready! The GBK Pre-Kindergarten curriculum came about during my teaching of full day Pre-K in Texas. This curriculum was used by myself and my fellow team of Pre-K teachers. I have updated and adjusted activities and materials based on student interest and on what did and did not work (taking out the “what did not work” activities)!
These lesson plans are designed for teachers to use to introduce children to letters, reading, math concepts and literature. They include suggestions for read aloud stories, songs & technology clips, art activities, learning stations, fine motor activities & centers. Purposefully, I have not listed other activities that you would add into your daily routine and lessons, based on your school and states’ requirements. If you have not taught Pre-K before, it can be tricky to decide “what” these young learners need to know. Following your state guidelines and lesson plans such as mine or other seasoned teachers, will be a great time-saver for you! These plans will take away the mystery of what to teach these cutie pies!
The Texas Pre-K Guidelines were carefully used and by my side while writing each lesson. These guidelines can be found at: http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=2147495508&menu_id=2147483718
Month 4 contains Lesson Plans for Week 13, 14, 15 and 16
(2 pages of lesson plans per day of the week, 10 pages per week = 40 pages of lesson plans total)
Week 13 Lesson Plans -and-
• Letter Sorting (Capital and Lowercase C/c), 2 pgs.
• “Does it Begin with C/c?” T-Chart and C/c pictures, 2 pgs.
• Number 7 Collection Sheet, 1 pg.
• Large Number 7 sheet, 1 pgs.
• Sequence Picture cards, 4 pgs.
• Cc is for cat writing/coloring sheet, 1 pg.
Week 14 Lesson Plans -and-
• Letter Sorting (Capital and Lowercase P/p), 2 pgs.
• “Does it Begin with P/p?” T-Chart and P/p pictures, 2 pgs.
• Pp is for penguin writing/coloring sheet, 1 pg.
• Favorite Pizza Topping Graphing Pictures, 1 pg.
Week 15 Lesson Plans -and-
• Letter Sorting (Capital and Lowercase D/d), 2 pgs.
• “Does it Begin with D/d?” T-Chart and D/d pictures, 2 pgs.
• Dd is for dolphin writing/coloring sheet, 1 pg.
• Number “10” Collection Sheet, 1 pg.
• Story Character pictures for “Ten Little Rubber Ducks”, 5 pgs.
Week 16 Lesson Plans -and-
• Letter Sorting (Capital and Lowercase Qq), 2 pgs.
• “Does it Begin with Qq?” T-Chart and Qq pictures, 2 pgs.
• Qq is for queen writing/coloring sheet, 1 pg.