Are you looking for a simple President's Day lesson, which would include all of the presidents into one lesson? This activity is a perfect way to review most/ all of the presidents into one fun activity. Students will research a president and create a trading card with their information. Afterwards, you can enrich their experience with games/ extension activities to be used immediately after making the trading cards, or throughout the year. Have each student do one or two presidents to either focus on a few or cover them all. Not from the US? That's okay! Use this unit with any countries' presidents (just disregard the resource page and list of American Presidents).
This unit includes:
* 2 Page Lesson Overview with Common Core Standards Outlined
* List of All US Presidents- Just slice up and pass out
* Reflections sheet with questions about the inclusion of different presidents in social studies books.
* Research notes graphic organizer
* Template for front and back of trading card
* Rubric for grading the trading card
* Handout with 7 extension activities to play with the trading cards and supporting worksheets
-Memory Match (Compare to make a match)
- Quiz Time (Guess who is on the trading card)
- Rewrite your Textbook (Write an expository paragraph)
- Speech Time (Write/ deliver a speech)
- You be the Librarian (Find additional resources)
- Research Time (Look up additional facts on a president)
- Fact Checker (Fact check the trading card)
*List of Website Resources (For US President Info and Pics)
This lesson is structured in a way that it can be used as a one-two day Presidents Day activity, or a Presidents mini unit, or as a informational text lesson in literacy, writing or social studies any time of the year. Your students will enjoy the interesting research, artistic aspect of designing the cards and the fun extension activities.