Also included in
- EVERYTHING HAS A HISTORY:A BUNDLE of RESOURCESUse these resource to share with kids that history is all around us. This topic would be a great beginning of the year or end of the year activity. An activity I used to to with my students had the students writing a paragraph on their favorite childhoo$27.30$29.65Save $2.35
Use this reading passage to show students that everything has a history, even pretzels! The resource includes a reading passage, a Did You Know? section of fun facts about pretzels. For example: Baldies are what saltless pretzels are called! There is also a short map skill activity to show students the location of where pretzels originated. There are comprehension questions and a teacher page with extension activities and links.
April 26th is National Pretzel Day!
This resource is a fun Friday activity, before a vacation, substitute day or just a day you wish to show kids that everything has a history!
Other resources in my Everything has a History:
1. The first in my series, Everything Has a History. Why not show your students that even candy has a history with this fun/informative web quest! Learn facts including marshmallows date back to 2000 BC and King Tut's Tomb contained licorice. I also have included several additional resources and extension activities. Great for a Friday, a day before a vacation activity or just when you'd like to share with kids that...everything has a history! History of Candy: A Webquest
2. Everything Has a History...even chewing Gum: History of Chewing Gum!
3. Check out my History of Shoes! Everything Has A History, even SHOES!
4. Check out my History of Peanuts! Learn about the history of the PeanutLearn about the History of the Peanut
5. TULIPS: With spring, comes the sprouting of tulips. Tulips have a very interesting history. Sharing information about the history of the tulip is a great way to show kids that EVERYTHING has a history.
Reading passage, Did You Know? fun facts, comprehension questions, Map-skill activity, Teacher page with extension activities and key.Tulips: Reading Passage/Activities
Please consider clicking FOLLOW ME(on top right)... Thank you.