Student of ALL ages love to draw and color… especially in Math Class!
Math Mugshots are a GREAT way to review math concepts while providing some “color” to math class. You can use this activity to review for a test, as a homework assignment, as extra credit, or as an assessment.
Mathematical Concepts in THIS activity:
• Fundamental Counting Principle
• Probability of Independent Events
• Probability of Dependent Events
• Probability of Compound Events
• Making a Prediction
• Order Events from Least Likely to Most Likely.
How to use this activity:
1. Hand out student worksheets and instruct students to solve each of the problems.
2. When all of the problems are solved, hand out answer sheets. Tell the
students to find and highlight their answers on this sheet. This will
help them to check their work and make corrections, if necessary.
3. Hand out copies of the blank “WANTED” poster. Each correct answer
corresponds to specific feature of the Mugshot. Students will LOVE
drawing and coloring their suspects!
4. Hint: It looks GREAT if the kids outline their pictures with a black Sharpie!
Common Core Standards:
Find probabilities of compound events using organized lists, tables, tree diagrams, and simulation.
Understand that the probability of a chance event is a number between 0 and 1 that expresses the likelihood of the event occurring. Larger numbers indicate greater likelihood. A probability near 0 indicates an unlikely event, a probability around 1/2 indicates an event that is neither unlikely nor likely, and a probability near 1 indicates a likely event.
Click Here to Visit My Store!
Click the links below for more "mugshots" and other products your students will enjoy!
Integers and Order of Operations Mugshot!
Linear Equations and Slope-Intercept Form Mugshot!
Solving Multi-Step Equations Mugshot
Scatterplots, Functions, and Slope Mugshot
Polynomials and Factoring Mugshot
7th Grade Common Core Review Mugshot
Scientific Notation Scavenger Hunt/Task Cards