Also included in
- Have your students engage in higher-order thinking with these math ERROR ANALYSIS activities. This GROWING BUNDLE resource includes 8 different sets (77 questions) of 7th Grade Common Core word problems that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION a$22.40$28.00Save $5.60
- I use this PROBABILITY Unit Resource BUNDLE every year with my students. This BUNDLE includes 40 task cards, 10 error analysis activities 10 problem solving graphic organizers, 5 doodle notes, 1 maze, 1 riddle and 1 coloring activity (over 100 word problems and skills practice questions). The res$12.40$15.50Save $3.10
- - Great for online learning and distance learning!This middle school ERROR ANALYSIS BUNDLE includes 230 real-world word problems (23 sets) that are solved incorrectly for grades 6-8. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the proble$56.35$80.50Save $24.15
- * Featured in the TPT Newsletter * Best Seller *7th Grade Math COMMON CORE Assessments, Warm-Ups, Task Cards, Error Analysis, Homework Practice Worksheets, Problem Solving Graphic Organizers, Mazes, Riddles, Coloring Activities, Guided NotesThis is a GROWING BUNDLE of all of the 7th Grade MATH RES$136.15$194.50Save $58.35
Have your students apply their understanding of PROBABILITY with these ERROR ANALYSIS activities.
Benefits of Math Error Analysis:
Giving students opportunities to identify and correct errors in presented solutions allows them to show their understanding of the mathematical concepts you have taught.
This resource includes 10 real-world PROBABILITY word problems that are solved incorrectly. Students have to IDENTIFY THE ERROR, provide the CORRECT SOLUTION and share a helpful STRATEGY for solving the problem. An ANSWER KEY has also been provided with examples of possible answers. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
How to Use:
When I present this activity to my students, I tell them that these are errors that students from my other class made and I need their help to correct them. Students LOVE correcting other students mistakes. Students can use these activities with a partner, as a warm-up , as classwork, homework, in math centers or group work.
✔ probability of simple events
✔ theoretical and experimental probability
✔ probability of compound events
✔ Fundamental Counting Principal
✔ independent and dependent events
This resource is also included in my PROBABILITY UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE!
Common Core Aligned:
*7.SP.5- Understand that the probability of a chance event is a number between 0 and 1 that expresses the likelihood of the event occurring. Larger numbers indicate greater likelihood.
* 7.SP.6 - Approximate the probability of a chance event by collecting data on the chance process that produces it and observing its long-run relative frequency, and predict the approximate relative frequency given the probability.
* 7.SP.7 - Develop a probability model and use it to find probabilities of events. Compare probabilities from a model to observed frequencies;
* 7.SP.8 - Find probabilities of compound events using organized lists, tables, tree diagrams, and simulation.
*Mathematics Practice Standard 3 - Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
More PROBABILITY Resources
* ERROR ANALYSIS
* TASK CARDS
* PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
* MAZE, RIDDLE & COLORING PAGE
BUNDLE UP & Save $$ This resource is included in my:
__ Probability UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
__ 7th Grade Math MEGA BUNDLE
__ 7th Grade Math Error Analysis BUNDLE
__ Middle School Math GROWING MEGA BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG!
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.