In this invention unit I have included comprehensive invention activities which take students through the creative process of inventing. Each activity should be self-explanatory. THIS IS AN EXCELLENT UNIT FOR DIFFERENTIATION
I've included the following:
- 6 Warm - up activities which teach creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Famous Inventors Bingo
- Invention game board
- Journal for daily recording
- My Invention form for final invention and invention drawing
- Inventions by Mistakes game cards
- Rube Goldberg with printables for a Rube Goldberg drawing
- Interview form for adults
- Who Am I? powerpoint activity in which students research a famous inventor (with graphic organizer)
- Persuasive Writing - Greatest Invention Ever and Greatest Toy Ever with graphic organizer
- Complete Game Board Design unit with invitations and step by step instructions in the design (it's great!!)
- History of Toys web hunt and Research
- You Tube videos
- Online activities and Resources
- Photos of class inventions
Some of these activities are sold individually in my store. You can pick and choose how you want to implement the activities. They cover several grade levels. I hope you enjoy this unit. Our students loved it!
Famous Inventors - Research Biographies and Inventions
Rube Goldberg - Using Simple Machines to Perform a Task
History of Toys - Internet Scavenger Hunt and Invention Research
Persuasive Writing - Greatest Invention Ever
Invention Bingo Game - Match Inventions with their Inventors
**Bundle Up And SAVE**
By providing feedback, you receive TPT credits which go toward great discounts on your purchases.
If you follow me, you are the first to know when my new products are uploaded. And, I will let you know about upcoming sales and GiveAways. Just click on the little red star!
Click HERE to subscribe to my newsletter to receive more special offers, giveaways and new products.