Proofreading Freebie • Grades 4–6
Welcome to Pizzazz Learning, and thanks for visiting my store! As a way of introduction, I am offering this FREEBIE sampler of activities from four of the units in my proofreading series.
Proofreading has never been more FUN! Students help Detective Super Proofer find mistakes in high-interest, science- and social studies-based passages. Students not only sharpen their proofreading skills but learn facts covering the following topics:
• Animal Adaptations
• The Constitution
• Amelia Earhart
• Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Student detectives in grades 4–6 look for the following types of errors
in each passage:
• subject-verb agreement
• verb tenses
• Answer Keys are provided for each passage.
• To help your student detectives get started, there is a Practice Lesson on George Washington to do together as a class. This will help them understand how to record errors they find in each passage.
• There is also a Student Record Sheet so they can record the number they got correct for each of the six passages.
If you and your students enjoy these sample activities, visit Pizzazz Learning to see the 4 units in the proofreading series for students in Grades 4–6. They are also available as a PROOFREADING BUNDLE to save you money.
• PROOFREADING PRACTICE: SCIENCE-BASED PASSAGES
• PROOFREADING PRACTICE: ANIMAL-BASED PASSAGES
• PROOFREADING PRACTICE: SOCIAL STUDIES-BASED
PASSAGES (U.S. SYMBOLS)
• PROOFREADING PRACTICE: HISTORY-BASED PASSAGES
© 2016 Linda Schwartz • Pizzazz Learning
Cover art © Yael Weiss
Key Words: proofreading, subject-verb agreement, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, science, animals, social studies, U.S. history, U.S. symbols, verb tenses, spelling, punctuation, capitalization
Be FIRST, to learn about NEW products and SALE notices. Click the star in my store to become a FOLLOWER.
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
Happy Teaching with PIZZAZZ LEARNING!