PROOFREADING PRACTICE • FIND AND FIX: SOCIAL STUDIES
Proofreading has never been more FUN! Students help Detective “Find and Fix” Felix discover mistakes in high-interest, social studies-based passages. Students not only sharpen their proofreading skills, but learn facts covering U.S. symbols, famous landmarks, and more.
• American Bald Eagle
• Liberty Bell
• Lincoln Memorial
• Mount Rushmore National Memorial
• Statue of Liberty
• Supreme Court
• Uncle Sam
• U.S. Capitol
• Washington Monument
• White House
Students look for the following types of errors in the social studies-based passages:
• subject-verb agreement • punctuation • verb tenses • capitalization • spelling
This unit includes:
• a Note to Students (complete step-by-step instructions)
• a Sample Lesson (to do together as a class before assigning individual or group work)
• an Answer Key for each passage
• a Passages Completed Sheet (to keep track of the passages solved)
• a Student Record Sheet (to keep track of the number of correct answers for each passage)
• an Award Certificate for completion of the unit
Proofreading Practice: Find and Fix • Social Studies • © 2018 Linda Schwartz • Pizzazz Learning
NOTE: A similar version of this title is also available for grades 4-6 with sixteen questions instead of eight and more advanced language concepts.
Thank you for visiting Pizzazz Learning.
As always, I welcome your comments and feedback.
If you purchase Proofreading Practice: Find and Fix: Social Studies please take a minute to rate it to receive TpT credits.
Be FIRST, to learn about NEW products and SALE notices. Click the star in my store to become a FOLLOWER.