Primary Source Analysis: Articles of Confederation - Why Was This System of Goverment Doomed to Fail?
This Primary Source Analysis (PSA) explores the Articles of Confederation and examines its weaknesses by looking at the Articles themselves, and 14 primary and secondary source narratives including the closing of the Mississippi and the scourge of British Impressment.
This resource is intended to be used as the primary vehicle for instruction for the entire Articles of Confederation unit. It ends with an essay to measure student learning and engagement by having students explain why the Articles of Confederation were doomed to fail.
This PSA includes:
- full PSA version with embedded questions
- interactive notebook questions
- Five Weaknesses Graphic Organizer
- dedicated question packets
- abridged PSA version to save copies
- writing organizers for 2, 3, and 4 paragraph essays