A memorable and reflective way for students to begin to understand:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- The experiences of people who have faced trauma
- The realities of war,violence, traumatic situations (.vs. war/violence portrayed in video games, movies, etc)
I tend to show this video to my students around Remembrance/Veterans Day in order for them to think more deeply about the impacts of war and violence on society.
1) A link to a "60 Minutes" documentary titled "Operation Proper Exit:A Return To The War Zone". This video is appropriate for students in grade 7 or higher. (Video is 14 minutes long)
2) An introduction and teaching ideas for before, during and after the lesson.
3) A student reflection sheet for after viewing.
***This comes in a word file - feel free to adapt this resource to suit the needs of your classroom.