Also included in
- Enrich your study of America’s largest territory—and save 20%—with the Discovering Puerto Rico Bundle, which includes an introductory book, five cross-curricular activities, and a colorful photo poster. Book and Poster Resources Included:Snapshots of Puerto Rico focuses on the history, geography, an$4.20$5.30Save $1.10
- Highlight countries and cultures throughout the year—AND SAVE 30%— with the Discovering Countries and Cultures Around the World GROWING Bundle. This comprehensive set includes 30 books, 43 posters, and a whopping 151 activities that bring countries and cultures to life; AND it also includes the enti$111.65$159.50Save $47.85
Explore the geography, people, and culture of America’s largest territory with the five cross-curricular activities and colorful photo poster included in the .
Cross-Curricular Activities Included:
- boosts geography and critical thinking skills as children use a map and map key to follow written directions.
- explores the historic culture of the Taino people and the impact of Spanish conquest, using a fill-in-the-blank format.
- introduces the design concept of symmetry, using the image of La Mujer de Caguana, a famous Taino petroglyph (rock-carving).
- includes a map and chart with information about all 16 territories of the United States.
- highlights citizenship and ways to become a U.S. citizen and includes 20 questions taken from the U.S. Naturalization Civics Test.
- is an 11 x 17 inch poster, illustrated with colorful photos of six symbols of Puerto Rico.
Vocabulary Words and Phrases:
bateyes, Bill of Rights, citizen,, citizenship, civics, Constitution, dispute, enslave, microorganism, migrate, mirror image, naturalization, symmetrical/asymmetrical
- Using a map key and compass
- Identifying characteristics of Taino culture
- Drawing a symmetrical design
- Identifying territories of the United States
- Identifying difference between a nation and a territory
- Identifying the rights and responsibilities of citizens
- Building civics knowledge
- Increasing content-area literacy in social studies
- Critical thinking skills of comparing and contrasting information
- Reading fluency and comprehension
Sample Pages: Please see the preview for sample activity pages.
Technical Info: The activities and poster are in two separate PDF files, combined into a single zip file. The materials are illustrated with original high-definition drawings and/or photographs..
Bundle and Save: This Activity Pack is also included, in two bundles:
- Save 20% with the , which also includes the introductory book.
- Save 30% with the , which includes all of my Snapshots books, more than 30 colorful posters, and over 100 cross-curricular activities.
Connect with Let’s Get Real
Visit My Store: Click here to see all of the Let’s Get Real topics and resources. Look for the category list on the left side of the home page.
Facebook: Click here to follow me on the Let’s Get Real Facebook page for weekly posts about teaching strategies and resources.
Pinterest: Click here to check out the Let’s Get Real Pinterest boards for more ways to enrich your teaching themes.
What kinds of resources does Let’s Get Real offer?
Let’s Get Real take-home books and learning center resources focus on content-area literacy, that is, helping children gain the specialized science and social studies vocabulary that enables them to excel in reading fluency and comprehension. In addition, all Let’s Get Real resources are illustrated with realistic, original images and/or photographs.
How can I see what you offer or know when you’ve added new materials?
Click on the star to the right of this description (under my pic) OR click on my store link (above), then click on the star at the top of the page to follow Let’s Get Real. You’ll be the first to know about new materials, sales, and freebies. To view the resources by science/social studies topics, look to the left on the store page, under the heading Custom Categories.
What are TPT credits and how do I get them?
Every time you provide feedback for a purchase, TPT gives you 1 credit for each dollar you’ve spent. After you’ve used (and hopefully loved!) a resource, hover on your picture at the top of the page and open the “My Account” tab. Click on your “My Purchases” category. You should see a list of your purchases with a “Provide Feedback” button for each one. Just click the button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can rate the product and leave a comment for me. You can apply the credits you earn to any future purchases and I always appreciate your positive feedback.
What do I do if I have a question about or problem with a resource?
You can always contact me through the product Q & A tab, located at the bottom of the product description.
Please “share the love” by telling others how much you like Let’s Get Real products; but please don’t share the copyright. Each Let’s Get Real resource—including graphics and illustrations—is copyrighted by Dr. J/Teaching Texas LLC and may not be redistributed, sold, or placed on the internet. This resource is for one teacher-use only. Thank you so much for your support!