Also included in
- Enrich your study of America’s largest territory—and save 20%—with the Discovering Puerto Rico Bundle, which includes an introductory book, five cross-curricular activities, and a colorful photo poster. Book and Poster Resources Included:Snapshots of Puerto Rico focuses on the history, geography, an$4.20$5.30Save $1.10
- Highlight countries and cultures throughout the year—AND SAVE 30%— with the Discovering Countries and Cultures Around the World GROWING Bundle. This comprehensive set includes 30 books, 43 posters, and a whopping 151 activities that bring countries and cultures to life; AND it also includes the enti$111.65$159.50Save $47.85
Introduce the culture and symbols of America’s largest territory with . Like all books in the Snapshots of the World series, it includes a world map showing the country’s location, the national flag, cultural symbols and landmarks, common phrases in the national language, a crossword puzzle comprehension review, and original illustrations suitable for coloring.
Vocabulary Words and Phrases:
archipelago, Arecibo Observatory, artifact, atoll, Boricua, climate, coqui, currency, El Yunque (rainforest), indigenous, inhabited, kapok, passport, petroglyph, San Juan, species, suspended, Taino, territory
- Promoting respect and appreciation for cultural differences
- Identifying cultural and patriotic symbols of Puerto Rico
- Locating Puerto Rico on a world map
- Building content-area literacy in social studies
- Reading fluency and comprehension
Sample Pages: Please see the preview for sample pages from the book.
Technical Info: The file is in PDF format, illustrated with original, high-definition images.
Bundle and Save: This book is also included, in two bundles:
Save 20% with the , which also includes five cross-curricular activities and an 11 x 17 inch photo poster.
Save 30% with the , which includes all of my Snapshots books, more than 30 colorful posters, and over 100 cross-curricular activities.
Connect with Let’s Get Real
Visit My Store: Click here to see all of the Let’s Get Real topics and resources. Look for the category list on the left side of the home page.
Facebook: Click here to follow me on the Let’s Get Real Facebook page for weekly posts about teaching strategies and resources.
Pinterest: Click here to check out the Let’s Get Real Pinterest boards for more ways to enrich your teaching themes.
What kinds of resources does Let’s Get Real offer?
Let’s Get Real take-home books and learning center resources focus on content-area literacy, that is, helping children gain the specialized science and social studies vocabulary that enables them to excel in reading fluency and comprehension. In addition, all Let’s Get Real resources are illustrated with realistic, original images and/or photographs.
How can I see what you offer or know when you’ve added new materials?
Click on the star to the right of this description (under my pic) OR click on my store link (above), then click on the star at the top of the page to follow Let’s Get Real. You’ll be the first to know about new materials, sales, and freebies. To view the resources by science/social studies topics, look to the left on the store page, under the heading Custom Categories.
What are TPT credits and how do I get them?
Every time you provide feedback for a purchase, TPT gives you 1 credit for each dollar you’ve spent. After you’ve used (and hopefully loved!) a resource, hover on your picture at the top of the page and open the “My Account” tab. Click on your “My Purchases” category. You should see a list of your purchases with a “Provide Feedback” button for each one. Just click the button and you’ll be taken to a page where you can rate the product and leave a comment for me. You can apply the credits you earn to any future purchases and I always appreciate your positive feedback.
What do I do if I have a question about or problem with a resource?
You can always contact me through the product Q & A tab, located at the bottom of the product description.
Please “share the love” by telling others how much you like Let’s Get Real products; but please don’t share the copyright. Each Let’s Get Real resource—including graphics and illustrations—is copyrighted by Dr. J/Teaching Texas LLC and may not be redistributed, sold, or placed on the internet. This resource is for one teacher-use only. Thank you so much for your support!