Add fine motor work to your morning routine as your pre-k and kindergarten students enter the room for the day without evening thinking. Our Pumpkins Fine Motor Busy Bins are low prep with simple instructions!
These 12 pumpkin themed busy bin activities all include fine motor practice
which is key to developing little fingers and hands to be ready for holding pencils, cutting with scissors, and tying shoes.
The busy bins are set up as completely independent morning work tub activities for pre-k
. The busy bins are also perfect to use with younger preschoolers during circle and small group time.
The pumpkins fine motor busy bins are the 3rd set in our ENDLESS Themed Fine Motor Busy Bins Bundle
Print and prep the fine motor busy bins, and store them in small storage containers with lids (mine are from Walmart). Switch out the 12 activities each time you switch themes. Easy peasy!
What is a busy bin exactly?
A busy bin is similar to a busy bag activity. You put the activity together and store it in a bin to be used over and over again. Busy bins are reusable learning activities – prep once and play forever!
Each fine motor busy bin activity comes with an instruction page and bin labels.
PUMPKINS FINE MOTOR BUSY BINS
- Add the correct number of beads one by one on to a pipe cleaner (1-10).
Pumpkin 10 Frame Match
- Match the 10 frame while adding pom poms to a pumpkin ice cube tray. Use kid-friendly squeezers for added fine motor practice.
Color Clip Cards
- Identify the color at the top of the cards and use clothespins to clip the matching colored pumpkins.
Pumpkin Shape Clip Cards
- Find the matching shape to the pumpkin on each card and clip it with a clothespin.
Pumpkin Seed Counting Cards
- Use pumpkin seeds to show the correct number on the pumpkin cards.
Alphabet Play Dough Mats
- Roll out play dough and form the uppercase and lowercase letters.
Pumpkin Letter Links
- Use plastic linking chains to match each pumpkin to the wagon with the same letter.
Pumpkin Guts Writing
- Create a simple squish bag with pretend pumpkin guts and practicing writing the letters from the pumpkin cards.
- Trace the pumpkin path to the wagon with mini buttons or dry erase markers.
- Practice cutting with scissors along the dotted lines up to the pumpkin.
- Trace the lines on each card to create pumpkin themed pictures.
Pumpkin Letter Match
- Using the letters in the word pumpkin, mark all matching letters on each card.
EXTRA SUPPLIES & MANIPULATIVES:
The printable pieces of each busy bin are included in the file. Laminating the pieces is recommended. The other supplies that are needed for this theme include:
black pom poms
pumpkin ice cube trays
pumpkin seeds (or white pom poms)
orange food dye or liquid water colors
mini buttons or other small manipulatives
dry erase markers
Our Pumpkins Literacy & Math Centers
go perfectly with these fine motor busy bins!