Have your students apply their understanding of PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM and the CONVERSE OF THE PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
__ Pythagorean Theorem MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in finding the missing side (leg or hypotenuse) of a right triangle. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
__ Pythagorean Theorem COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to find the missing side (leg or hypotenuse) of a right triangle as well as to determine if a triangle is a right triangle using the converse of the Pythagorean Theorem. Students use their solutions to color the picture.
__ Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem RIDDLE
Students must determine if a given triangle is a right triangle by using the Converse of the Pythagorean Theorem. They must then use their solutions to solve the riddle.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice solving problems using the Pythagorean Theorem while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
✔ Pythagorean Theorem (Finding the missing side of a right triangle)
✔ Converse of Pythagorean Theorem
Common Core Aligned:
* 8.G.7 - Apply the Pythagorean Theorem to determine unknown side lengths in right triangles in real-world and mathematical problems in two and three dimensions.
* 8.EE.2 - Use square root and cube root symbols to represent solutions to equations of the form x^2 = p and x^3 = p, where p is a positive rational number. Evaluate square roots of small perfect squares and cube roots of small perfect cubes. Know that √2 is irrational.
This resource is included in the following DISCOUNTED BUNDLES:
* Pythagorean Theorem UNIT RESOURCE BUNDLE
* 8th Grade Common Core MEGA-BUNDLE
* Middle School MATH GROWING BUNDLE
More PYTHAGOREAN THEOREM resources:
* Pythagorean Theorem ERROR ANALYSIS
* Pythagorean Theorem PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZER
* Pythagorean Theorem MAZE, RIDDLE, COLORING PAGE
More 8TH GRADE review:
* 8th Grade Daily/Weekly REVIEW
* 8th Grade Winter MATH PACKET
* 8th Grade WORD PROBLEMS WITH GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS BUNDLE
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.