Pachamama Movie Guide for Spanish Class Earth Day el medio ambiente
- Google Drive™ folder
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This Spanish Editable Movie Guide bundle includes 14 editable Google doc movie guides for Spanish class. The differentiated options of questions in both Spanish & English mean you could use variations of the Spanish class movie guides with all levels of Spanish you teach all year and especiallyPrice $31.99Original Price $67.93Save $35.94
- This is a middle school Spanish or high school Spanish culture holiday bundle of cultural resources to use in a novice Spanish class. This Hispanic culture holiday bundle would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, middle school Spanish, or exploratory Spanish. Celebrate the diverse cultures of the SPrice $52.79Original Price $88.37Save $35.58
This Pachamama movie guide is designed for Spanish students while watching the film Pachamama in Spanish class. It would be perfect for Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, exploratory Spanish, or a Latin American culture class in relation to el medio ambiente, Earth day in Spanish class, el día de la tierra, the Indigenous Peoples of South America, or Native American Heritage Month. The differentiated options mean you could use variations of this one editable Pachamama guide with all levels of Spanish you teach.
- ✅ Page 1 - character description chart with space to draw characters
- ✅ Page 2 - 15 comprehension questions about film in ENGLISH OR
- ✅ Page 3 - 15 comprehension questions about film in SPANISH to fill out while watching. (Pick which set best fits your class level)
- ✅ Page 4 - 3 post-viewing discussion questions in SPANISH & character matching in novice SPANISH (The post-viewing sheet could be used as an assessment after watching the film.
- ✅ Movie guide Keys for all four pages included
- ✅ NEW EASEL self-checking post viewing character match
- ** There is also a bonus slideshow to introduce the characters in Novice Spanish that can be found on my blog.
Pachamama would be the perfect complement to a study of Peru, the indigenous people of South America, or the environment while emphasizing teamwork and courage. It would be great for Earth day in Spanish class. It would be a good complement to Dora & the lost City of Gold or Fluency Matters' Los Bakers van a Peru.
Pachamama is a family-friendly, animated movie that is rated PG and can be found on Netflix with a run time of 72 minutes.
What audio and subtitles to use for the movie Pachamama?
On Netflix, you can change both the audio and subtitles as needed. As always, do what works best for your school and classes. Here is what I would personally do:
- Spanish audio & Spanish subtitles - upper-level students
- Spanish audio & English subtitles - novice level students
- English audio - exploratory Spanish or culture class
This is an editable Google Drive resource!
What other teachers are saying about this Pachamama movie guide
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This resource exceeded my expectations. I follow your blog and read your ideas for this movie. I used the song ideas and then this resource. At first, I wasn't sure I was going to have them do this packet, but then, at the last minute, I decided to have the students do parts, to help extend the learning. It was really engaging. They seemed more prepared for the movie, and what was going to happen. We did the drawings on the second day, and the students really got into it. The questions while viewing helped them understand the story better. I will definitely check out more of your movie guides. - Kristin G
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was great to use in a week in which I just needed a break. We watched the movie on Netflix and students responded to the questions - I especially like the option of doing it Spanish or English depending on students' fluency level. - Mision Communication
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great resource! I used it with several classes at the end of last school year and it was very complete. - Natalia A
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Excellent resource, used this at the end of our unit on Peru. Kids loved it, Thank you!
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Great way to describe the characters! For my lower levels I had them list personality traits (variety of adjectives) and physical descriptions. For my upper levels they described the characters but also compared and contrasted them.
- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This was a great no-prep movie guide during a week a lot of students had testing.
ACTFL World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages
- ✅ Interpretive Communication
- ✅ Presentational Communication
- ✅ Relating Cultural Practices to Perspectives
- ✅ Relating Cultural Products to Perspectives
- ✅ Acquiring Information and Diverse Perspectives
- ✅ Cultural Comparisons
⭐ Bundle up for the best deals possible! ⭐
- ⭐ Get the Movie Guide Bundle for this film plus Coco, Vivo, Ferdinand, Pachamama, El camino de Xico, Selena, Dora & the lost City of Gold, The Book of Life & Canela
Have difficulty with a file?
- This is a Google resource that will be found in your Drive in a folder called my purchases.
- Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q&A tab before leaving feedback.
- Follow my TPT store to see more!
- For more information & bonus activities for Pachamama > Mis Clases Locas
- Sign up for my mailing list to get free resources and inspiration delivered right to your inbox
Copyright © Mis Clases Locas
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.