Pack the Bag Articulation! Speech Therapy Craft Activity
NO-PREP! Ink Friendly! Print & Go!
This product is available in my Articulation Cut & Paste Bundle #2
(don't buy this if you own the bundle)
Your students will love filling the backpack with school supplies while practicing articulation.
This activity was designed to be a simple, no-prep activity to target articulation perfect any time during the year. It is a simple cut and paste craft! Perfect for k-5 (some younger students may need cutting assistance, depending on fine motor abilities).
Commonly targeted phonemes included:
• Initial/Medial/Final: k, g, f, v, l, s, z, ch, sh, th (mixed voiced/unvoiced)
• lblends, rblends, sblends (separate mats for sp, st, sm, sn, sk, sl, sw, mixed)
• Pre-vocalic r, or, er, ar, air, ear, rblends
• Don't see a sound you need? I included blank pages to use with any speech/language target.
I also included a guide that can be used as a coloring page too! Table of contents/page guide included to make finding the page you need easy!
None! Print & go!
To use: Print out a backpack page for every student in the group (page 6 of the download). Print out the sound pages with the target sounds needed for each student. I have the students color the backpack first so that they are ready to put the supplies in (or you can have them color it in between turns to keep their hands busy). The student will color and practice each target word on the school supplies. The student will cut out the objects and practice the words again. The student will glue each object in the backpack and practice the word one more time! Get over 100 trials easily!
Check out my other articulation cut & paste activities:
Build with Sounds Candy House
Articulation Robot Lab
Build with Sounds Gnome House
Check out some of my back to school products!
• Back 2 School NO-PREP Language Pack
• Unpack the Bag Interactive Book
• Dab-A-Sound Back 2 School Edition
• Getting to Know You in Speech NO-PREP packet
• Color by Skill NO-PREP pack Back to School Edition
• Glue It! Phonological Processes
• Listen Up! Classroom Edition FREEBIE
You may also like these fun articulation resources:
ARTIC SWAT! EWWW flies have landed all over the food! Squish them with play dough or swat them with fly swatters while your practice articulation!
ARTIC POP! Pop balloons as your practice articulation!
I also have ARTIC WEBS available! Catch flies and help Mr. Spider gobble them up!