Feedback challenge: Check out this new free product I developed to help our students who struggle with beginning conversation skills. It contains 5 short scripted conversations students can use to practice conversations. After you take a look at it, please let me know what you think. You can comment in the feedback below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'd love to know if this is something your students struggle with, ways you have taught it in the past, if you like the format, and/or any suggestions for other conversations.
I will randomly choose one person as a winner to receive any product found in the "back to school" section of my store. Selection will be made on 7/20/16. Thanks for taking a look and sharing your feedback.
How to use this product:
1. Print and cut apart the story strips.
2.Stack the story strips in order and bind together at the top. If you do not have a book binder, you can staple at the top or connect the strips with an binder ring.
3. Select two students to be conversation partners. Cut apart the speaker cards and give each person a speaker number (1 or 2).
4. Give speaker 1 the book first. Speaker 1 reads the first page of the conversation and then turns the page and passes the book to speaker 2.
5. Speaker 2 reads the next page and then turns the page and passes the book back to speaker 1.
6. The students continue until the conversation is finished.
Keywords: autism, language development, special education, speech, The Deane's List