MAKE RATIOS COME ALIVE in your classroom!!!
Show students how ratios connect to the real world with this artistic, hands-on, interactive activity where students get to mix paint to create the perfect ratio recipe that if reproduced, the same exact color can be made. Students will work cooperatively to experiment with different ratios that they create to see if they can match the paint to the paint chip they are given. After the activity, students will analyze the ratio recipes with a gallery walk.
Included in this package:
• 38 slide PowerPoint Presentation with Worksheet examples and full explanations on how to use each slide.
• Lesson Plan that explains step-by-step in detail everything you need to do for each slide in the lesson.
***Each slide is reproduced, in color, on the lesson plan with a clear explanation on how to use the slide and its contents.
***Notes: helpful hints are provided for each part of the lesson.
***Links are provided so that you can preview websites before teaching the lesson.
***Links to Amazon.com are provided so that you can order cheap supplies if needed.
• Paint Matching with Ratios Worksheet that follows the PowerPoint Presentation and allows for students to fill out and retain what they are learning about painting and ratios.
• Color Wheel
• Recipe Attempts Worksheet pages 1 & 2
• Ratio Table Practice Worksheet with Answer Key
• Analyzing the Results Gallery Walk Worksheet
• Paint Matching with Ratios Recipe Log (Excel Spreadsheet of all paint chips
& code numbers)
***Used to analyze & compare students’ ratio recipes for each paint color
• Lesson Activities Time Breakdown