• 3rd - 7th grade vertically aligned Common Core Language Arts skills.
• Engaging and highly effective scaffolding tools.
• Addresses 3 domains: Reading Literature, Reading Informational Texts and Writing.
• Covers 18 skills including: Author's Point of View, Author's Purpose, Cause and Effect, Character, Setting and Plot, Compare and Contrast, Drawing Conclusions, Fact vs. Opinion, Fantasy and Reality, Illustrations and Text Features, Main Idea and Details, Making Inferences, Making Judgements, Making Predictions, Opinion or Proposition, Problem and Solution, Sequencing, Summarizing, and Theme or Moral.
• Includes 35 paired graphic organizers and sentence frames.
• These same graphic organizers and sentence frames are key components that have allowed my Title I 3rd grade class to excel in the following ways:
• Surpassed year-end Third Grade Reading goal of 90% of students will achieve a Student Growth Percentile (SGP) of +35, currently with an exceeding mark of 96% of my students have achieved an SGP of +35 with a class median of +80 attained within a 10 month school year (STAR National Assessment, June 2016).
• Class median SGP in Reading (on scale of 0-99) exceeds +14 School, +22 District, +31 Nation (STAR, June 2016).
• Increased Third Grade class average Grade Equivalency (GE) in Reading from 2nd grade, 6 months to 4th Grade, 3 months. This is 1 year, 7 months of average growth within 10 months of school (STAR, June 2016).