Paired Passages Bundle for Test Prep
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (5)
Also included in
- This is the ultimate paired passage bundle with EVERYTHING you need to help your students master analyzing two paired passages. With this set of engaging resources, your students will be ready to read and analyze anything… Fiction Stories, Informational Text, and Poems! There are 33 sets of pairedPrice $69.99Original Price $100.15Save $30.16
Get started with paired passages! This is the PERFECT starting spot for teachers in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades looking to help their students find success with two paired reading passages. The process is easy: read and annotate two passages, answer text-based questions, and then analyze both passages together using carefully crafted response activities.
What is included in this paired passages resource?
Each set (one poem and one story) includes annotation guides for each passage or poem and text-based comprehension questions for each piece of writing. Each set also includes additional pages of extensive paired passage tasks that require students to Analyze, Apply, Evaluate, and Create based on the paired passages (please see the preview for sample pages). Each set includes at least 10 printable pages with high-quality content.
Which Paired Passages Resources are Included in this Ultimate Bundle?
There are 6 sets of paired passages (12 passages in total!) across the resources in this bundle.
What specific skills are covered?
A wide variety of reading skills are covered in these paired passages, including:
- Annotating Skills (Vocabulary, Figurative Language, Connections, Details)
- Character Traits
- Text Evidence
- Analysis of Poetic and Literary Devices
- Theme (Each set has a major connecting theme)
- Making Inferences
- Text Analysis
- Main Idea
- Perspective & Point of View
- Synthesizing Information
- Author’s Purpose
- Story Elements
- Written Response to Text
- Comparing & Contrasting Texts and Elements
- Cause & Effect
- …and more!
Are these resources digital?
YES! These paired passage resources are . The digital version is available as a Google Slides activity. The link for this version is in your download right beside the printable version.
Which grades are these best suited for? How can I use this in my classroom?
This resource is perfect for review, test prep, and teaching paired passages. I have taken great care to include a wide variety of tasks, questions, and formats to engage your students in many types of analysis.
This paired passage comprehension resource is recommended for grades 4+.
How long does this paired passages activity take?
I recommend completing each of sets over the course of one week.
Suggested answers included for answers that are not opinion-based.