Need paired passage resources and lesson activities? This paired passage resource contains two sets of paired passages. Each set includes two passages on the same event that can be used together as a paired passage lesson or reading activity.
- Two sets of paired passages written at a 4th/5th grade level
- Questions about each passage
- Questions that require the students to use information from both passages to answer
- Posters, graphic organizers, and other printables that can be used with these passages or any other paired passages
Set A - Each text provides a different account of . One text is written as a firsthand account, and the second is written as a secondhand account.
Note: This may require building background knowledge. If your students don't have background knowledge on 9/11, I don't recommend purchasing this resource unless you have time to build it or frontload it. I also don't recommend purchasing if this is a sensitive topic for your students and you expect to use both sets of paired passages.
Set B - Each text provides a different account of . One text is written as a firsthand account, and the second is written as a secondhand account.
- Use both sets, or select the one that works best for your students.
- The paired passages can be used for whole group instruction, guided practice, independent practice, small group reading instruction, or even reading centers/stations.
- If using both texts for guided and independent practice, I recommend Set A for guided practice and Set B for independent practice.
- If you are using both texts for guided practice, I recommend beginning with Set B and then using Set A.
Paired Passages Bundle
Seasonal Paired Passages Bundle
Paired Passages MEGA Bundle