Also included in
- Paired Passages ready to use in your classroom! This BUNDLE contains 12 sets of paired passages (24 total passages) that have a seasonal or holiday theme to keep your students interested and expose them to a variety of paired texts.To read a blog post about how I use paired passages in my classroom,$12.00$21.00Save $9.00
- If you are required to teach paired passages, this is a must-have resource! This MEGA bundle includes 14 of my Paired Passage Resources, for a total of 32 sets of paired passages! This resource will provide you with an entire year's worth of paired passage practice!This resource includes a total of$35.00$55.00Save $20.00
Paired passages and comprehension activities ready to use in your classroom! These paired passages have a seasonal theme to keep your students interested and expose them to a variety of paired texts.
Note: The Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day paired passages and comprehension activities now include DIGITAL versions for use with Google Slides™. See page 3 for the details and link to access.
Many state assessments have started using paired passages and texts instead of single passages. This resource will provide with the necessary resources you need to tackle paired passages in your classroom in an engaging, seasonal way.
About the Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day Paired Passages
This resource includes two sets of paired passages (four passages total).
Here is a snapshot of the passages:
Set 1 (Valentine's Day Paired Passages):
Two texts about Cupid: one is a nonfiction text about the legend of Cupid and one is a fiction story featuring Cupid as the main character
Set 2 (St. Patrick's Day Paired Passages):
Two informational texts about St. Patrick’s Day: one text about the origin and traditions of the holiday and one specifically about St. Patrick’s Day parades
Each paired passage set includes the following:
- 4 Constructed Response Questions that require information or knowledge from both texts.
- A Highlight Your Evidence Printable that requires the student to dig deeply into both texts to find evidence to support a conclusion.
- A Writing Prompt that requires the students to integrate details from both texts.
The paired passages and the activities are available in THREE versions:
- Traditional Worksheet Version
- Interactive Notebook Version
- Digital Version for Google Slides (see more details below)
About the Digital Paired Passages
The digital paired passages have been created for use with Google Slides.
The paired passages and practice pages have been redesigned in a horizontal format and with color.
The students will type their responses directly onto the slides. They will also use moveable semi-transparent yellow rectangles to highlight text evidence.
See the video preview for more details about the digital paired passages for Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day.
More Valentine's Day Activities
Want MORE paired passages? Check out these bundles and the MEGA bundle: