Products in this Bundle (8)
showing 1-5 of 8 products
Also included in
- These 19 lessons (using 38 texts) require students to use close reading, critical thinking, and analytical writing to help them prepare for standardized assessments. In each lesson, students synthesize their reading, identifying central ideas and themes across texts. With texts that vary by genre,$45.00$72.00Save $27.00
Challenge your students to read and write critically with these lessons including all of my popular "Paired Passages" (paired texts). These lessons require students to synthesize their reading and identify central ideas across texts. Each lesson guides them through close readings of texts that vary by genre, time period, and author; then, the before-, during-, and post-reading strategies help them construct connections between the texts.
Each lesson culminates in a writing task that imitates the style of a standardized assessment. These lessons incorporate all strands of the Common Core English Language Arts (ELA) Standards.
The following texts, which are available in the public domain, are included in the product:
- "Ain’t I a Woman?" by Sojourner Truth
- "Speech to the Second Virginia Convention" by Patrick Henry
- "The War Prayer" by Mark Twain
- "To My Dear and Loving Husband" by Anne Bradstreet
- "My Last Duchess" by Robert Browning
- "We Wear the Mask" by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- "I’m Nobody! Who Are You?" by Emily Dickinson
- "Story of an Hour" by Kate Chopin
- "A Rose for Emily" by William Faulkner
Hyperlinks are provided to the following texts, which are also available in many school textbooks and anthologies:
- "First Lesson" by Philip Booth
- "Those Winter Sundays" by Robert Hayden
- "Phenomenal Woman" by Maya Angelou
- "Naming Myself" by Barbara Kingsolver
- "My Name" by Sandra Cisneros
"Paired Passage" products include the following:
-lesson plans with identified Common Core Standards
-contextual reading guides and sample annotation passages
-literature webs and poetry graphic organizers
-literary analysis prompts
-answer keys (with detailed responses for all activities and sample essays)
This bundle includes 146 pages. If you complete one of these lessons each week, they will last you for almost two months! Because of the text variety, they are also great for differentiating and meeting the needs of diverse learners.
This is my Original Paired Passages Big Bundle. If you have purchased a previous bundle, please check to ensure you are not buying duplicate lessons.
Meaningful and Memorable English Language Arts by © OCBeachTeacher
All rights reserved by author.
Limited to use by purchaser only.
Group licenses available.
Not for public display.