Also included in
- Help your 4-5th graders master writing with the RACE Strategy, paired passages, reading comprehension, and vocabulary with context clues with this bundle.→ In this download, both DIGITAL and PRINT versions are included! Perfect for blended learning, distance learning, and flipped classrooms!Download$40.00$49.50Save $9.50
- These 60 paired passages with constructed response writing prompts are perfect for students to practice writing with the RACE writing strategy. Located on Google Slides, this resource is digital and ready for distance learning! The printable PDF version is also included in your download. This resour$15.00$20.50Save $5.50
- This is a custom bundle of resources by request. If you're interested in requesting your own custom bundle, feel free to email me at email@example.comThank you!EmmaIf you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...►FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!►FOLLOW me on Pinterest!►FOLLOW m$32.00$40.50Save $8.50
- Need 4th Grade ELA resources for reading comprehension, vocabulary, and writing? Check out these ready to use, digital resources today! Practice reading a passage and writing a summary, writing with the RACE strategy, answering multiple choice reading comprehension questions, identifying figurative$70.00$89.50Save $19.50
- Need 5th Grade ELA resources for reading comprehension, vocabulary, and writing? Check out these ready to use, digital resources today! Practice reading a passage and writing a summary, writing with the RACE strategy, answering multiple choice reading comprehension questions, identifying figurative$65.00$84.50Save $19.50
These 10 paired passages with writing prompts are perfect for students to practice writing with the RACE writing strategy. This resource is perfect for test-prep, special education and progress monitoring, differentiating, and scaffolding for struggling writers. Passages range between reading levels of 4-5th grade, making them perfect for groups of students with a range of reading levels.
This product is located on Google Slides, and is designed to be 100% digital and paperless. A printable PDF is also included in your purchase.
Note: In this packet, the RACE strategy is modified to RACCE because students will cite BOTH passages!
RACE is a writing strategy to help students answer passage-based, short response questions in a formal style, with using clear reasons and evidence from the text, and to provide concluding statements. These informational texts are quick, easy reads, so that your students can focus on writing.
R: Re-state the question
A: Answer all parts of the question
C: Cite the text to provide evidence
E: Explain your citation
Why use the RACE strategy? RACE is a mnemonic device that helps students write open-ended constructed responses. This strategy is especially helpful for struggling writers and students with disabilities, but it can also be helpful scaffolding for all students. It teaches students to do what good writers do naturally—re-stating the question in a complete sentence, answering all parts of the question, citing evidence and fully explaining.
This Download Contains:
♦ 10 paired passages (20 total passages) with short response questions to practice using the RACE Strategy for Google Slides
♦ Printable PDF version
Click on the Preview for a closer look!
Need More Passages?
Need Reading Comprehension Practice Too?
You Might Also Like:
I appreciate your feedback!
Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...