Products in this Bundle (3)
Also included in
- Challenge your students to read and write critically with these lessons including all of my popular "Paired Passages" (paired texts). These lessons require students to synthesize their reading and identify central ideas across texts. Each lesson guides them through close readings of texts that vary$25.20$31.50Save $6.30
- These 19 lessons (using 38 texts) require students to use close reading, critical thinking, and analytical writing to help them prepare for standardized assessments. In each lesson, students synthesize their reading, identifying central ideas and themes across texts. With texts that vary by genre,$45.00$72.00Save $27.00
- Are you new to American Literature or tired of boring worksheets? Engage students in real-world learning connections and critical thinking with these lessons and activities for your American Literature Curriculum. This growing bundle is organized thematically and includes a variety of lessons that m$104.99$208.23Save $103.24
In these three lessons, students compare paired texts that have similar universal themes. These detailed lesson plans will provide you with everything you need to help your students meet Common Core English Language Arts Standards as they make connections between the texts and construct effective comparison essays.
This 60-page bundle includes the following:
-explicit lesson plans with identified Common Core ELA Anchor Standards
-contextual reading guides with sample annotation passages
-poetry, fiction, and non-fiction texts
-literature webs and poetry graphic organizers
-literary analysis prompts
The following texts, which are in the public domain, are included in the product:
- "Ain’t I a Woman?" by Sojourner Truth
- "Speech to the Second Virginia Convention" by Patrick Henry
- "The War Prayer" by Mark Twain.
In order to respect copyright, online links are provided to the following texts (many of these are also available in school textbooks and anthologies):
- "Phenomenal Woman" by Maya Angelou
- "Naming Myself" by Barbara Kingsolver
- "My Name" by Sandra Cisneros.
The lessons culminate in writing tasks that imitate the style of a standardized assessment. Furthermore, these lessons incorporate all strands of the Common Core English Language Arts (ELA) Anchor Standards. Because sample essays and detailed responses for all activities are provided in these lessons, this product is ideal for emergency substitute lesson plans.
Are your interested in other "Paired Passages" lessons? You may want to check the links below:
Meaningful and Memorable English Language Arts by © OCBeachTeacher
All rights reserved by author.
Limited to use by purchaser only.
Group licenses available.
Not for public display.